• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vehicle For Sale Maxidane is selling :-( NO LONGER FOR SALE

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why don't you post your ad here, EXACTLY as you've posted it on CL?  Maybe someone here can spot why it's being flagged.  There's got to be some way to appeal the removal also, I would think.

There is at least one person on this forum that flags any Craigslist post that doesn't have a number rounded off to the hundreds. He probably isn't the only one. Try listing it for $18,000.

Optimistic Paranoid said:
Why don't you post your ad here, EXACTLY as you've posted it on CL?  Maybe someone here can spot why it's being flagged.  There's got to be some way to appeal the removal also, I would think.

x2 this suggestion

rvpopeye said:
Try rounding the price to 18K on C-list?
This is what I would do. We have a person here that says he flags for odd numbers on the end. Try $18.000 even and see what happens?

I don't get it why would you automatically flag an ad for odd numbers at the end? highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
I don't get it why would you automatically flag an ad for odd numbers at the end?  highdesertranger

I don't either. Maybe because this person thinks it's a dealer posting as a private seller and he has a grudge for dealers?
Dealers are known to us 98 or 99 at the end of their pricing. Private sellers, on the other hand, usually end the price with even numbers.
Example, $17,999. Usually dealer. $18,000, usually private seller.

Optimistic Paranoid said:

Please look at page 1 :)

highdesertranger said:
I don't get it why would you automatically flag an ad for odd numbers at the end?  highdesertranger

I think a lot of foreign scammers use some sort of currency conversion program to get the US dollar amount. So an even number in Chinese Yuan will most likely come out as an uneven US dollar. 

I have seen many adds that were obviously a scam with an uneven number. That does not mean all adds with an uneven number are frauds. I first look at is the deal too good, Then right click on the pic and do a google search. Scammers are greedy and will post in many different cities. 

Any add can be a scam. Even numbers, correct price, only posted in one city, etc. Never send money before seeing the item in person with proof that the seller owns it. Many cities have safe selling spots, (usually the Police parking lot). Do not take large sums of cash. Tell the seller if you like it, you will go to a local bank for the money. If you have friends, take them with you.

I've noticed most scams end in uneven numbers, but I don't ever flag anyone's ad on craigslist. That's none of my business and think it should be left up to the people running the website. If it's a weird number and looks legit otherwise i'll also search google images. Then email or call on it. Eventually if it's a scam it will come to light one way or another.

Craigslist relies on the community to police their ads so they don't have to hire a full time group to do it. That said, it's easy to get ads removed if you have enough friends willing to flag the ads.

I've ALWAYS used uneven numbers for years and never had an ad removed for it. There is a community appeals process and I used it regarding an ad that was in the wrong place. It's actually quite effective.

I haven't seen the CL ad, but if it has any reference to you being from another country, or having to sell to leave the country, or something similar, then remove that. That is a red flag. Just list the vehicle. simple bullet list of the features. real photos. simple price and phone number...

Sometimes, Less is More.

ZoNiE said:
I haven't seen the CL ad, but if it has any reference to you being from another country, or having to sell to leave the country, or something similar, then remove that. That is a red flag. Just list the vehicle. simple bullet list of the features. real photos. simple price and phone number...

Sometimes, Less is More.
^^ EXACTLY! ^^
CL is also a free service that depends on it's members to police themselves, and that's why there is a report button.
If he had to hire folks to police it, he would probably just shut it down. Having said that, I have reported obvious scams in the past. Before I do though, I look it over carefully to make sure it isn't just an honest mistake.

the RV is sold. she started another thread to announce it was sold. highdesertranger

FB Marketplace, Craigs List (get a friend to help) free RV publications etc etc maybe just focus on selling and stay in one place...

FB Marketplace, Craigs List (get a friend to help) free RV publications etc etc maybe just focus on selling and stay in one place...
Frodo you are posting in a 2017 thread by a man from Denmark who was selling his van before he left the US. It would be good to pay attention to dates as the forum software often refers people to similar threads that have long since lost participation.

Necroing an old thread can be good times! Speaking of paying attention; I'm almost certain Maxine is a woman but ya never know these days.