Map for Current Smoke Conditions?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanForNow

Reaction score
I am heading toward northeast Oregon and Idaho.

Is there a source which can provide information on local smoke conditions in the West? I realize that smoke conditions often change, but it would be good to know what local conditions are like currently.

wayne49 said:
I use weatherbug, here is a link to the area air quality centered on Lewiston, Idaho. It's not locked. Moving the center around will show more south, west, whatever.

Hey, I’m in Lewiston! That’s where my current assignment is. I’ve been staying in a hotel, but I finally found an apartment in Moscow. If I didn’t find an apartment, I was going to stay in the van come September, cuz a coworker said it cools down then.

Sorry to highjack the thread. I got all excited when I saw Lewiston. 

I haven’t seen blue sky since I got here. I’ve only really smelled smoke a couple times. But this town has a bad odor in the mornings. I get different answers from people. Some say it’s a paper mill, some say it’s the compost facility. It’s pretty acrid, whatever it is. Other than that, I like the town. Parts of it remind me of both Eugene and Springfield OR.

I just google aqi and the city you're looking for. Air quality index. I was in the most of Eastern Washington today and it was from smokey to very unhealthful.

We've been getting light smoke and falling ash in my Northern California town today. I think it is coming from the Salmon Mountains, to the south of us.

Sonoran desert and Mohave deserts are clear of smoke. Got high winds from the south though and rain expected in a day or two. High temps are about 107 to 109 degrees.
-crofter

I'm over 300 miles from the fire in the Lassen area. Yesterday's temps, high, low, and average, were 15 degrees cooler than the day before. Still managed to get a full charge from solar through the haze.

Today's haze is less than yesterday's. The fire's hot spot has shrunk considerably.

Latest posts