Mail Forwarding Service - some things I don't understand.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack said:
Proof of income level?  Having never been called for jury duty, I don't understand what income level has to do with jury duty.
Financial hardship is a frequently accepted reason to release you.

Even if you were away travelling, a wealthier person may be ordered to serve after a couple postponements, where a poorer on, or single parent etc may be permanently released.

All this advice is well and good. But only your County of Residence can tell you anything about jury duty and your hard earned right to a trial by your peers. Please be a fair minded intelligent juror if I ever have to be on trial. I always look forward to my summons. It is an honor to serve on a jury. Serving makes for a interesting time. I make arraignments with the court of record when I'm out of the area.
Please remember. It is a Summons from a court. It can bite you if you ignore the summons. You can be stopped at a road check and find yourself in some shit. Even if you did not get the letter.

Not just County, back east it may be city/town. Then there's federal too.

The only people who usually end up being arraigned are those who ignore the summons, provide proof of disqualification too late, or just fail to show up.

Communications is key.