Looking into the lifestyle

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I dont have my TT yet.... Im still sitting down and making plans....

I have a piece of equipment I need to build a custom isolating cabinet for... so I hit the ruler, pencil and
paper to start taking measurements and start designing...

Im using the shipping foam to help keep the equipment from being bounced around to much.....

Now just have to build the cabinet and test it out....

jT

plottercabinet 1.jpgplotterfoamend.jpg

Attachments

• plottercabinet 1.jpg
    plottercabinet 1.jpg
    239.6 KB
  • plotterfoamend.jpg
    plotterfoamend.jpg
    250.2 KB
Have fun with your planning and choosing. Your build, with your unusual set of interests, and requirements, sounds like it will be fun to follow. We do like pictures!

German Shedder ROTFL!!!! Mine is a Belgian Malligator. Also Android. The phone, not the dog!
dec1e4102171480f77bceb0c6318fd81.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Turtlelady said:
Have fun with your planning and choosing. Your build, with your unusual set of interests, and requirements, sounds like it will be fun to follow. We do like pictures!

Thanks.... I think the planning stage is the toughest... so many options to explore....but will take it step by step... and will be taking lots of pics and maybe a vid or two :)

Moxadox said:
German Shedder ROTFL!!!!  Mine is a Belgian Malligator.  Also Android.  The phone, not the dog!  

sounds like you may have a chewer... 

mine will be 7 years old end of june..... he is turning grey already :)

here is his ugly mug :)

Attachments

• HD small.jpg
    HD small.jpg
    199.2 KB
after watching some of bobs vids.... (well alot of them) one thing he mentioned when on the road, to have envelopes to budget the monthly bills...since im not on the road yet, I decided to start the budget stash now, so I can get some of the things I need before hitting the road...

so my budget has started and taking extra money (from jobs, selling stuff I dont need) and stuffing it away... and hopefully by end of summer
when I want to hit the road... I will be getting some of the things I need...

Attachments

• 20180526_085042.jpg
    20180526_085042.jpg
    1.8 MB
sounds like you may have a chewer... 

mine will be 7 years old end of june..... he is turning grey already :)

here is his ugly mug :)
[/quote]

Awww, he's a cutie! Mine only chews on bad guys. She's military trained. My security detail! She's only 4 but has kidney issues because her mother was poisoned when she was carrying the litter.

The old days.... right after the service was the only time I felt I could pick up and go....

Its almost time to get those feeling back .... now working towards my freedom...........

Attachments

• me in service.jpg
    me in service.jpg
    140.3 KB
Wait, I forgot...why were we adding our mugshots again?!?  :p

Attachments

• Chris Profile.jpg
    Chris Profile.jpg
    377.4 KB
Turtlelady said:

Thanks... I am a jack of all trades.. and a master of a couple :)

my freedom cant get here soon enough

As I'm working towards becoming free to roam this country, I am working on getting my transport items together, etc.

Having come up with a name, I am now working on a (logo - designation symbol - design) whatever you would like to call it...

I have been a sign maker since 1974, first hand lettering, then using a computer since 1993......

I find it much easier to do something for someone else then doing a design for myself.... 

attached is a few logos I quickly put together..... let me know if you like any of them..... and what your thoughts are

when I get a final, I will cut it out and put it on my TT, when I get it :) 

if you have any suggestions please let me know...

thanks
JT

Attachments

• wandering biker.jpg
    wandering biker.jpg
    533.2 KB
Are you planning to work while on the road? I actually expend more energy trying to be inconspicuous than trying to be identifiable....So I'm wondering why you're putting out a sign.

All are very good. The ones with a bike help tell the story. Nice work.

Moxadox said:
Are you planning to work while on the road?  I actually expend more energy trying to be inconspicuous than trying to be identifiable....So I'm wondering why you're putting out a sign.

Yes will be working.... will have an RV TT so no hiding :)

I agree that they all are nice.
If I had to choose just one though, Itd be #3. I like the movement lines behind the motorcycle. Maybe, make the word "the" a little bit thicker/darker. I like the boldness and font on the other 2 words. #3 looks tough, and it looks like it's moving.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Number 4 appeals to me as the one moving toward something special. As someone who has always appreciated the subtler individuality, beauty and balances of hand painted lettering, I'm wondering what might evolve if you played once again with some wee bit of hand lettering for this special personal project. The addition of a subtle bike along the landscape line, perhaps?

AMGS3 said:
I agree that they all are nice.
If I had to choose just one though, Itd be #3. I like the movement lines behind the motorcycle. Maybe, make the word "the" a little bit thicker/darker. I like the boldness and font on the other 2 words. #3 looks tough, and it looks like it's moving.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Thanks Angie....

All input is appreciated... I agree... the "the" could be a little thicker....

JT

Latest posts