• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

looking for someone who can install a swivel seat

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giggles

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2008 Chevy Express 1500. I want to put in one swivel seat (in the passenger seat location). I want it to also recline so I can turn it around and use it as a second bed for my mom when she wants to come camping with me.

I need help, because I don't know how to do this myself, and I think the seat might be too big for me to handle alone.

I can order the parts and have you install them, if you tell me what to buy.

I could meet in Quartzite to have you install them. 

If you have a swivel seat (in good condition), and want to sell it, let me know....I am interested in buying! :)

Thanks,
Niki

Be advised, the above swivel does raise the seat height and in no way effects reclining level. So if your seat doesn't go flat now, no swivel will help that. Also keep in mind, if the seat is swiveled around, it probably won't go flat due to hitting the dash.

Uncle Todo said:
Also keep in mind, if the seat is swiveled around, it probably won't go flat due to hitting the dash.

Good point. My reversed PS seat reclines only to about a 45 deg. angle before hitting the dash.

Thanks, guys. I guess I'll just keep the seats I have now, I guess.

I don't know if you're anywhere near the California/Oregon border, but I just talked to Jeff at Yreka RV yesterday and he said he just installed one of those and could do it on my van as well even though I've got the super deluxe seat with internal heat and all that.

Thanks. Well, I just broke my foot, so it looks like the summer of fun and travel is on hold....

Giggles said:
Hi,

I have a 2008 Chevy Express 1500. I want to put in one swivel seat (in the passenger seat location). I want it to also recline so I can turn it around and use it as a second bed for my mom when she wants to come camping with me.

I need help, because I don't know how to do this myself, and I think the seat might be too big for me to handle alone.

I can order the parts and have you install them, if you tell me what to buy.

I could meet in Quartzite to have you install them. 

If you have a swivel seat (in good condition), and want to sell it, let me know....I am interested in buying! :)

Thanks,
Niki

Thanks!!

travelaround said:
I don't know if you're anywhere near the California/Oregon border, but I just talked to Jeff at Yreka RV yesterday and he said he just installed one of those and could do it on my van as well even though I've got the super deluxe seat with internal heat and all that.

Thanks! I'm in Arizona, but if I get out that way, I'll look him up!

Uncle Todo said:
Be advised, the above swivel does raise the seat height and in no way effects reclining level. So if your seat doesn't go flat now, no swivel will help that. Also keep in mind, if the seat is swiveled around, it probably won't go flat due to hitting the dash.

Yeah, that finally dawned on me this week. Lol. But I still want them to swivel so I have more room.
So I'm just going ito try to find some swivel seats that will fit my current seats.