Swivel seat in Chevy Express

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I converted a captain’s chair into my passenger seat. I had to off set it slightly so it would fit. Look into a wreaking yard for parts instead of high dollar on line specialty shops.

I have not done this, because installation is complicated by a power seat base, two-armed seat, and need for head room.  This does look like a good one, and has a lower height than some.  You are probably way ahead on this, but be sure to consider airbag wiring.  Good luck and enjoy.  (Let us know how it goes, please.)

We have investigated the wiring for the air bags and were surprised to find wiring and a plug coming up through the floor mat under the passenger seat, but nothing plugged into it.  Nor does it look like there is anything dangling from seat that should be plugged into it.  We are a little perplexed by this and investigating.  We bought the van used earlier this year.

We went ahead and installed this swivel base in our Chevy Express van.
https://www.sprinterswivel.com/Heavy-Duty-Seat-Swivel-for-Chevy-Express-1997-2021Installation was very easy. Just unbolt the seat from base and install the swivel to seat and then to base. Attach with 8 bolts that were included with the swivel. It was NOT necessary to cut bolts or plastic trim on seat as was shown in installation pictures on the website that we purchased it from. It is a nice addition to our rig.

We went ahead and installed this swivel base in our Chevy Express van.
https://www.sprinterswivel.com/Heavy-Duty-Seat-Swivel-for-Chevy-Express-1997-2021Installation was very easy. Just unbolt the seat from base and install the swivel to seat and then to base. Attach with 8 bolts that were included with the swivel. It was NOT necessary to cut bolts or plastic trim on seat as was shown in installation pictures on the website that we purchased it from. It is a nice addition to our rig.

Did your seats have arm rests in them? I'm thinking of doing the same thing, but I heard that if your seats have arm rests, they won't work.

Thanks,
Niki

Did your seats have arm rests in them? I'm thinking of doing the same thing, but I heard that if your seats have arm rests, they won't work.

Thanks,
Niki
We only installed swivel base on passenger seat. It has a flip up armrest on the left side (-toward middle of van). We have no problems with it. Swiveling can be done with the passenger door closed, but easier if door open. It does require some moving the seat up and back on the tracks as you swivel because we have a console we built between the seats. Swivel was easy to install. And although it was pricey, it has been well worth it for us.