Looking for short bus or shuttle bus

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa Truck Gypsy

Reaction score
Anyone know someone who wants to get rid of a short bus (4 window) or a shuttler bus of the same size? Any resources out there to check?

Lisa Truck Gypsy said:
Anyone know someone who wants to get rid of a short bus (4 window) or a shuttler bus of the same size? Any resources out there to check?
Lisa, I'm looking to downsize to a short bus or shuttle bus. IDK where you are. But I am north of Houston, TX right now. I went on Facebook Marketplace. I found a 1998 Shuttlebus with a 7.3 liter diesel for $3500. Get this...it only has 60K miles on it. I have had three trucks with this sme engine and and gotten 350K + out of all of them. They were still running when I got rid of them. Stay away from ALL Ford anything with a 6.0 liter diesel. Had one of those..Piece of junk lemons. Other than that..look online for school districts/city governments that "may" be getting rid of them. Last recommendation is Craigslist. Yes diesels are higher cost to maintain and repair. But the 7.3 liter powerstroke is almost bullet proof. And you should get around 18 mpg empty. Probably 16 mpg loaded. The big block gas motors will most times only get you 10 mpg regardless. Hope this helps. Stay in touch..Would like to remotely work on building our rigs at same time. I'm working to get rid of stuff..except what I am putting in bus. I currently live and work out of a 37ft 5th wheel for the last 11 yrs. #BeABlessing   :angel: