Looking for recommendations

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought my second set of panels from a wholesaler. but I am on the west coast. SanTan in Arizona has fantastic prices, but the shipping will kill you. highdesertranger

Yeah +1 to what HDR said. Santan solar has unbelievably low prices on panels. I tried to get a shipping quote a few months ago but didnt receive and email back.

Now they have shipping prices built into their checkout. A $50 240ish watt panel I wanted was about $300 in shipping. An amazing deal still if you need 60 or 70 of them. 1 or 2 not so much.

They are located in Gilbert AZ if I remember correctly. If you plan on going to the 2020 RTR why not wait and source them there?

I found 9 305w panels 9 hours away for $800. So gunna pick them up

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Sounds to good to be true so check them thoroughly for age, output and condition. That is a really cheap price for new panels. Cheaper than I bought one last year on sale with a discount!

Most defentally used panels they are take offs for a house

Thanks yall for the input. I picked up the 9 panels for $800. They are 305w a piece. And seem to be working fine. Will have to some experiments with them to see how it goes
23e00c5872069df3a38ee776db8fd3c8.jpg
fc42f2b99b9701fc2069eda9703fa35f.jpg

Awjuhl said:
Might have to make a road trip.... could be fun

I am in Santa Rosa CA and all the solar co Want $3000 - $4000+. I want someone to install because I want it done right. Bob mentioned a company in Arizona that did a great job for around $2000. I'm thinking road trip also.

I have a random question. What does positive grounded panels mean? The have normal positive and negative leads. Does the panel its self need to be grounded? And why in earth didnt they use earth negitive ground. Engineers are sometimes the dumbest.

the panels don't care one way or another if the are positive or negative grounded. it's some of the controllers that are positive grounded. I have no idea why this was done as far as I know it's on the lowered end(cheaper) ones. maybe someone knows the why. highdesertranger

Elbear1 said:
Yeah big panels have to ship freight. You can get 250w-300w panels used for under $100 but thwyre probably $400 to ship from arizona.

Arizona wind and sun jas 310w new for under $200
I bought 3 panels from santan solar ship from Arizona to Louisiana $150.00 shipping!

Latest posts