Look what I got for free...(warning-large pics)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim_Rockford

Reaction score
1998 fleetwood Natchez popup. needs the roof repaired and they took out the kitchen, but other than that its pretty nice considering its been sitting in a open storage are for the past 6 years with out being used.

I stuck it on craigslist to see if I get any bits but yea I'll prolly wind up cutting out the bad sections and putting grizzly grip over top of it.

Looks pretty good, I had a pop-up and absolutely wore it out.

If it's been sitting for 6 years, and you wind up keeping it for your own use, you really need to spring for new tires, regardless of how good the current ones "look".

Regards
John

You see many older popups on CL for sale pretty cheap with broken cables or other problems. I've seen a few of them converted to travel trailers where solid walls replaced the canvas. The few examples I've seen looked pretty boxy and funky but if you did a little planning you could get one to look decent. For those on a budget and needing a lightweight and cheap trailer, it could work.

Those pop-ups are great for occasional campers.
We met a couple in Quartzsite that had lived in theirs for over a year of travel. They pulled it with a little Toyota with a topper and were having a blast on the cheap.

Greetings!

If you need the kitchen, there's a fellow on the Salem, Oregon craigslist that sells salvaged RV kitchens and stuff.

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

LOL for the price of having something shipped I'm just gonna build myown and make it the way I want it

Gosh, the curtains are in great shape. The floor has no water marks. Is that a bed I see already set up and being used? (smile).....and I love 3" bead board. Thanks for all your efforts to post those really nice pictures.