Liability policy

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guyfromafar

Reaction score
Imet someone that has a few acres of mountain property with room for a few RV's - and is willing to let me park there for a small fee (officially as 'storage' but I am able to access my RV 24/7 & he doesn't care that I stay in it - just not officially as a full time residence) but he wants some liability policy in order to cover himself from any lawsuit - Where can I get a policy like this - auto or RV policy? How does that cover him?

I have a liability and replacement policy on my travel trailer. I purchased it through GoodSam. It is similar to home owners insurance for full time RVers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like he wants a general liability policy to cover you on his property, not vehicle liability. Talk to your insurance agent to see what is available.

Some folks have said a renter's insurance policy provides some liability, I have not personally dug into the details. A property specific policy will likely require the property to be compliant with local land use laws.

Your automobile policy should have liability coverage on it. This would cover you if your vehicle while parked or while you're driving it on his property causes any damage.

A tenant or homeowners' policy covers you in case someone sues you for damages sustained while on your property so wouldn't apply.

If you're using the RV full-time do you have full-timers liability coverage on it.

He might want you to add him as an additional named insured on your auto policy because it's being parked on his property.

Best thing to do would be to ask him to be more specific.

Latest posts