KUNG FU RV!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zhoo Zhitsu

Reaction score
Ahoy -hoy,<div>I'm planning on traveling the country and training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (or as the Brazilians call it "Zhoo Zhitsu") and other martial arts &amp; combat sports throughout these United States (with my two dogs). I need to know what I need to do and purchase to get the show on the road. I am 37 and a seasoned traveler. I have hitch hiked and train hopper in the United States and Europe. I plan on doing construction in the places I travel to. I am a journeyman finish worker and very good at what I do. Traveling in an RV is totally new and interesting to me , but I need your help people.&nbsp;</div><div>Thanks,</div><div>Zhoo Zhitsu</div>

<FONT size=3 face="arial, helvetica, sans-serif">Welcome,</FONT><br><DIV><FONT size=3 face="arial, helvetica, sans-serif">Zhoo Zhitsu</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Arial>I assume you are going to be staying in cities to ply your construction and Brazilian Zhoo Zhitsu trades, so your biggest concern will be where you can legally (or stealthily) park your RV overnight. </FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Arial>Since you are a construction guy, I suggest you build and outfit an extended van or stepvan (plain white extrerior, ladder racks, etc.) to carry you, your tools, and your dogs as you travel.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Arial>Another possibility is to have a work truck or van as a tow vehicle, and pull a camper trailer. You can park in an RV trailer park, and use the truck as a daily driver in the city.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Arial>Any questions you ask will be answered, and there is a lot of good stuff to read&nbsp;already on the site.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Arial>Good Luck,</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Arial>Bob (aka stude53)</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>

stude53 said:
<font size="3" face="arial, helvetica, sans-serif">Welcome,</font><br><div><font size="3" face="arial, helvetica, sans-serif">Zhoo Zhitsu</font></div><div><font size="3" face="Arial"></font>&nbsp;</div><div><font size="3" face="Arial">I assume you are going to be staying in cities to ply your construction and Brazilian Zhoo Zhitsu trades, so your biggest concern will be where you can legally (or stealthily) park your RV overnight. </font></div><div><font size="3" face="Arial"></font>&nbsp;</div><div><font size="3" face="Arial">Since you are a construction guy, I suggest you build and outfit an extended van or stepvan (plain white extrerior, ladder racks, etc.) to carry you, your tools, and your dogs as you travel.</font></div><div><font size="3" face="Arial"></font>&nbsp;</div><div><font size="3" face="Arial">Another possibility is to have a work truck or van as a tow vehicle, and pull a camper trailer. You can park in an RV trailer park, and use the truck as a daily driver in the city.</font></div><div><font size="3" face="Arial"></font>&nbsp;</div><div><font size="3" face="Arial">Any questions you ask will be answered, and there is a lot of good stuff to read&nbsp;already on the site.</font></div><div><font size="3" face="Arial"></font>&nbsp;</div><div><font size="3" face="Arial">Good Luck,</font></div><div><font size="3" face="Arial">Bob (aka stude53)</font></div><div><font size="3" face="Arial"></font>&nbsp;</div>
<div><br></div><div>I'd check with my employer about staying on the worksite.</div><div>I wasn't working in construction, but the manager of the pizza place that I used to deliver for was well-pleased to let me stay behind the restaurant, because he could use me to cover when one of his flaky employees flaked out.</div>

so glad you finally made it in! welcome! i am particularly intrigued by your idea. i have wanted to go back to training in iaijutsu, but do not know how to go about it if i am on the road. the thought of any kind of mobile martial arts sounds very cool.<div><br></div><div>i wouldn't be surprised if construction sites wouldn't welcome overnight presence for added security.....</div>

twokniveskatie said:
so glad you finally made it in! welcome! i am particularly intrigued by your idea. i have wanted to go back to training in iaijutsu, but do not know how to go about it if i am on the road. the thought of any kind of mobile martial arts sounds very cool.<div><br></div><div>i wouldn't be surprised if construction sites wouldn't welcome overnight presence for added security.....</div>
<div><br></div><div>The company I worked at for five years claimed that their insurance carrier wouldn't accept the exposure I represented, in a unsecured parking lot. &nbsp;Go figure.</div>

yeah, well, thinking about it, it makes sense....all the liability they could be exposed to, huh? it's a shame though.....,

twokniveskatie said:
yeah, well, thinking about it, it makes sense....all the liability they could be exposed to, huh? it's a shame though.....,
<div><br></div><div>I usually got to work a hour before start time, and my supervisor frequently asked me to start early when I did. &nbsp;He enjoyed the option the same way the pizza manager did.</div>

Firstly, you guys are the best. Secondly, I do have a 2000 Nissan Frontier with a 4 banger in it. Should I get a trailer or sell it and go with an RV? If you favor one over the other please explain why and you can be as painfully detailed as you like. In Knock Down Karate (Kyokushin, etc..) and BJJ we say "OS!" (It roughly translates to respect) when we bow or show respect so to all you guys and gals... OOOSSSSSSS!!!

twokniveskatie said:
Iaijutsu! I'm jealous. I wanted to learn sword so bad when I was a lil' ninja. It never happened. But The good news is my body is a sword now. Who woulda thunk it?

<font size="3"><font face="Georgia">Welcome! Lots of good info around here so you've come to the right place.<br><br>-Tuckerbag<br><br></font></font>

Hola, and what kind of dogs have you got?<div><br></div>

Zhoo Zhitsu said:
I have two cattle dogs. I'm a cattle dog man to the end.
<div><br></div><div>Nice! I've got a friend in CA that has one and they are great dogs!</div>

<div>oh, don't be jealous. i hadn't been at it very long when i had to have surgery, then i was on the road alot for the next three years. not the sort of thing you can do intermittantly . i really want to go back to it, but have to be ready to make that commitment....</div><div><br></div><br>[/quote] Iaijutsu! I'm jealous. I wanted to learn sword so bad when I was a lil' ninja. It never happened. But The good news is my body is a sword now. Who woulda thunk it?[/quote]

<P>The work truck idea is a great one to carry your tools, and give you space as well. With two dogs of that size, a campervan *may* be a bit small, but who knows. A work truck outfitted to live, could be more ideal, as you could have more room to move about with them not always being underfoot.</P>

Latest posts