kooleraire 12v A/C

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyman

Reaction score
I&nbsp;realize that&nbsp;we are are going into winter but I'm still overheated from the summer. Lol Anyway, i saw a 12v portable A/C on the internet called KOOLERAIRE,&nbsp;that is basicly an ice chest with a fan built into the lid, and i was wondering if any of you have had any experience with it or anything like it in a hitop van, and if so how did it do? I'm sorry, I'm not&nbsp;very good with a computer or I would include a link to it.<br><br>Thanks<br>Bob<br>

To get rid of summer heat&nbsp; You&nbsp; have to get rid of the humidity. Its&nbsp; the&nbsp; water vapor in the air&nbsp;that holds the heat .&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;In arid&nbsp; areas ,&nbsp; It&nbsp; would work&nbsp;slightly&nbsp;&nbsp;better . In&nbsp;the deep&nbsp;south , not at all . You would do better to&nbsp; put the ice in a towel and&nbsp; wrap it around your neck. <br>

Area51 said:
To get rid of summer heat&nbsp; You&nbsp; have to get rid of the humidity. Its&nbsp; the&nbsp; water vapor in the air&nbsp;that holds the heat .&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;In arid&nbsp; areas ,&nbsp; It&nbsp; would work&nbsp;slightly&nbsp;&nbsp;better . In&nbsp;the deep&nbsp;south , not at all . You would do better to&nbsp; put the ice in a towel and&nbsp; wrap it around your neck. <br>
<div><br></div><div>I totally agree with you. Thats why AC's work so good. &nbsp;So get rid of the humidity and have a good or great fan should help...alot.</div><div>&nbsp;I hear those kooleraire things suck. Sorry but all the reviews say that everywhere you go on the internet.</div>

i used one of these when I was driving truck and it worked OK... Now having solar power in say the SW is a plus cause you really don't have to worry about power... If running 24 hours I found that a block of ice in there also helps extremely well and last's for a long time, just keep an eye on the melting...<br>

I got one too. Haven't tried it yet. I got mine for 5.00 LOL I don't think I would have paid full price for it. Bad reviews(on Amazon). I think if you removed the humidity other ways it might work better. I'll let you know after I try it.

<P>thanks for the replies. it sounds like i shouldn't waste my money.</P>