Keeping it legal.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep my booze and such in the back, in a zipped up bag if a cop ever asked I would show him. It might take me 15 20 mins to get at it though and I am sure he would not want to hang around while I dig it out. It is their job to keep drunks off the road and as some one who damn near died at the hands of a drunk driver I'm ok to have them do their job. That said, there are the few jerk cops who like to push folks around. Always best to remain calm and be up front with them and not engage in their poop if ever possible. They have 'legal' guns at their finger tips, fight them in court, not on the road.

I got pulled over for speeding once. I was BRUTALLY honest. I told him I was reaching for the remote control for my CD player and DIDNT SEE YOU in time to slow down.

He was kinda in awe and went to his car for like 15 minutes. I suspect he might have called a buddy for advise, it was night so I couldn't see what he was doing in there.

Wrote me a ticket for like 15mph over. I was going at least 50mph over in that little stretch of road.

I dont carry open containers of alcohol. Just beer in the fridge. Totally legal in my state. From what I understand technically in my state if you have an empty beer can in the bed of a pickup that's probable cause to give you a breathalyzer. I've even heard that it can be used as "an open container" for arrest even though it's not inside the vehicle. But I'd imagine that would be thrown out if your B.A.C. at the time of your arrest was 0.000