Keep clean WITHOUT soap!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camperdan

Reaction score
<p>This is a pretty good trick. I didn't believe it until I tried it. Yes, I shower a <br>couple of times a week (camp shower bag), but in between times I do<br>an <strong>apple cider vinegar washup.&nbsp; </strong>A few ounces of water, a teaspoon of<br>apple cider vinegar and a wash cloth.&nbsp; That's it! I like it for a number of<br>reasons: 1-takes only 1/2 pint of water. 2-It is fast. 3- Very good for your body,<br>in that there are some that say removing all of the oils from the skin so <br>frequently with <strong>soap</strong> is not that great for the skin. And our skin is the largest<br>organ we have.<br><br>You feel great, refreshed, and there is no mess of trying to <strong>rinse</strong> off all that <br>soap.&nbsp; Really dirty? Do it twice, or use larger quantity of water. Modify it <br>to your own needs.<br><br>Weather too cold for a shower? Low on water, propane? <em>Give it a try.</em></p>

I buy it by the gallon 50 to 50 hair rinse I have a gallon in my bug out and a gallon in my sticks&amp;bricks cook wash clean drink bath neutralize its an acid a very natural acid. I am not a gun nut Guns are tools they project solid mass metal to high rates of speed. useful at times. I also have a very sharp axe I use to cut wood for my Stovetec. A great tool as well and used much more often. Love peace and out

what is the best method of application? splash it on? wash cloth? &nbsp;re-usable paper towels i.e. recycled clean rags?&nbsp;<br>thanks,<br>k

I buy baby wipes from a dollar store, &nbsp;They come in a pack of 80. &nbsp;I use them for personal wipes, but you can use them to freshen up too. &nbsp;

what is the best method of application? splash it on? wash cloth? &nbsp;re-usable paper towels i.e. recycled clean rags?&nbsp;<br>thanks,<br>k
Definitely washcloth, and just go over yourself once. You gals with hair will have to experiment with that part.

Anyone ever tries these?

Skunky Extra Large, 82% Larger Disposable Rinse-Free Bathing Sponge Wipes, AS-SEEN-ON-TV, Cleans Without a Shower, Just Add Water, Lather, Scrub & Dry With No Sticky Residue, Gym, Elder Care

Anyone ever tries these?

Skunky Extra Large, 82% Larger Disposable Rinse-Free Bathing Sponge Wipes, AS-SEEN-ON-TV, Cleans Without a Shower, Just Add Water, Lather, Scrub & Dry With No Sticky Residue, Gym, Elder Care

I just ordered these for my Quartzsite trip.

Scrubzz Disposable No Rinse Bathing Wipes - 25 Pack - All-in-1 Single Use Shower Wipes, Simply Dampen, Lather, and Dry Without Shampoo or Rinsing (Lavender, 1-Pack) https://a.co/d/7cZyIFN

I've used something similar in the past for medical purposes, but that (medical) brand is outrageously expensive.....in comparison

So ....................................

Skunky Extra Large, 82% Larger​

costs $.60 and is 6"x 6"​

and Scrubzz Disposable costs $.50 and is almost 8"x 8"

I use the Scrubzz just add water wipes and usually cut them into quarters. A quarter of one will do face and neck, and a bit more as I work down. I also like to have a 'fresh' quarter to rotate in as I work down rather than one larger sheet.

Just a thought... Any kind of washing with soap usually requires rinsing, and rinsing requires a lot of water. I found that I can use a lot less water if I use the "foaming" soap dispensers. Because I use less soap it means that I save a lot of water. Been doing that for years.

1704494531420.png

I never feel reasonably clean without a warm water rinse.

I bought a Simple Shower nozzle several years ago, and attaching it to a 1 1/2 liter bottle of water warmed in the sun, or heated on the stove, does the trick.

Stand in my collapsible basin, use a large disposable wipe with a little body wash to soap up, rinse and go.

Toss the water under the nearest bush.

Voila!

Last edited:
Just a thought... Any kind of washing with soap usually requires rinsing, and rinsing requires a lot of water. I found that I can use a lot less water if I use the "foaming" soap dispensers. Because I use less soap it means that I save a lot of water. Been doing that for years.

View attachment 34905
🤣

I used something just like this under a different brand that were 8x8 but the place I ordered from went OOB & I even looked on Amazon but guess I missed them. Thanks Tony!

Start with water in a spray bottle, and if needed, diluted Dr Bronner Castile liquid soap. For daily pits and bits and hand washing, we use PDI medical castile soap towlettes. For a quick rinse, and after using our composting toilet, we use Honest clean conscious compostable wipes. We also carry EO natural deodorant wipes, and sometimes for the occasional all over when extended boondocking we use Shower Pouch. With wipes we use minimal water, trading gray water for a little additional solid waste.

@Gr8ful I think you are the one who turned me onto the just add water disposable wipes. I ordered a bunch (which I still have a few) at the time. It was when I was talking to a cousin who was traveling internationally about the joys of dry wipes for travel that I saw they disappeared. The Scrubzz ones are the replacement I found on Amazon. Not the same material and not as nice IMHO, but an ok substitution.

Anyone ever tries these?

Not that brand, but yes, I use them on occasion. Work fine. Also, I echo the advice to cut them up.

Last edited:
I buy the large, thick ones at WalMart that are meant for those who are bedridden, when I need a good scrub but am conserving water.

They don’t need to be rinsed, just throw them away.

These are from Walmart, no size given 30 cents ea. Pharma-C Water-Activated Bathing Cloths (6 packs of 10 cloths) - Fresh Scent. No-Rinse.
I found the box of the ones we used, called Soap Cloths 100 per box made in Israel. The e-mail is invalid. They were better IMHO then the hospital ones.

Last edited:
I used a tablespoon of baking soda per quart of warm water for bathing. No rinsing required. It cleans and deodorizes. Used it daily for almost a year, while working in an office, no stink issues. Dampened & applied to skin, it makes a good facial scrub.
(Rinse face).