just registered

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonnieE350van

Reaction score
hi all!  have been reading  different posts here for just a few weeks now...very informative stuff...here's my story
been living on  the road 5 years come April 1 this year.  started out in chevy venture van packed to the gills with
2 Rightline bags on roof, living in a 9x12 Kodiak canvas tent for  about 2 years...now I have a Ford E-350 van,2 bench seats removed,other two seats still in place for travel mate and I to sleep on...no longer using tent, too much work to setup and take down, as we are both physically challenged...
all remaining gear (coolers,stove, propane,water, electrical, food) you get the idea, is packed between and behind seats.
then everything gets rearranged  once we get to next location, to give access to seats for sleeping...
sorry not tech savvy to post pictures, so will have to give word pictures...

Welcome! Are you unhappy with your current set up, looking to make changes, or just digging life the way it is?

Welcome to the CRVL forums bonnieE350van!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Queen said:
Welcome!  Are you unhappy with your current set up, looking to make changes, or just digging life the way it is?

not really unhappy, but I do think my setup can be improved upon...still have 10 months of payments to make on this van, so for now I don't want to make any modifications, but when the time comes I hope to add solar to give me more options where to camp.  I also am considering a small cargo trailer to haul the gear/possibly turn it into a camper of sorts...have to get a lot  better at driving this thing before I attach another trailer to it...I've already done expensive damage misjudging distance from curbs...
the cargo trailer will give me some more room and better protection from the elements when weather gets wet/windy.
We're making do with things the way they are for now, and traveling around seeing this beautiful country called USA.

Wow, you already have years of experience. Often the forum sees questions come through on using tents, so I'm sure you'd have good advice or tips for those folks. You have the right making do with what you've got and just getting out there to enjoy.