I've been visited by the police twice in three days...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are living in your vehicle with a small child, that will likely bring you to the attention of law enforcement and child welfare authorities wherever you are.

How seriously will depend on the state you are in, but where I live it is termed “inadequate shelter”.

They won’t arrest you nor remove your child for that, but may require you go into a residential shelter and apply more serious pressure if you refuse.

They can also help you get into an affordable sticks and bricks, direct services designed to avoid removal of your child for such reasons.

Not everyone would be comfortable approaching you directly, but concern for your child would prompt contacting the authorities.

NEVER been visited,revisited,bothered,harassed,annoyed by ,harangue,by the men in blue, good clean living does wonders...now if you poke a sleeping bear or a hornets nest etc.

LoveThinkCareDo,

That's funny, glad you're alive :)

btw..liked your interviews

download (2).jpeg

Attachments

• download (2).jpeg
    download (2).jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 11
It's always a slippery slope. I would like to believe that they are truely intersted in your welfare and are really just checking up on you. Unfortunately, their questions are desgined to trip you up and have you omit to something you might be doing wrong. I try to be coooperative until I realize what they are really doing. I would never consent to a search just on principle. They approach you carrying a gun, then ordering you to do things for "their safety" which is the line they use when they want to totally control the situation.