It's freezing up here!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabatical

Reaction score
Good morning all. Thanks for creating one of my favorite places to visit for the last few years. I have enjoyed the planning, agonized over the preperation, but finally it's time. Our first outing will be to catch the tail end of RTR. As I thought about where we would go it made the most sense to haul to a place where there are like minded people. We are total newbies but I have seen the welcoming spirit of this group and look forward to being part of it.

Sabatical, Congratulation on your upcoming trip and welcome to the CRVL forums! The RTR is an excellent choice for a destination. I guarantee you an awesome time and a network of lifelong friends.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Sabatical said:
Good morning all. Thanks for creating one of my favorite places to visit for the last few years. I have enjoyed the planning, agonized over the preperation, but finally it's time. Our first outing will be to catch the tail end of RTR. As I thought about where we would go it made the most sense to haul to a place where there are like minded people. We are total newbies but I have seen the welcoming spirit of this group and look forward to being part of it.

Good luck on your first outing, where is "freezing up here"?

"Freezing up here" is in the northeast corner of new york. We are on the western shore of lake champlain in the adirondack park.

Get ye some heat my brother (or sister as the case may be!).

You can buy a Mr. Heater Buddy for a relatively small out lay of cash... just ventilate properly.

Being cold is horrible... and totally not necessary.

Hang in there. It's 14 degrees with a windchill of 11 below where Im at near the Maryland and Pa line now. Going down to 8 in the morning. I'll second the Mr heater with ventilation and blankets. Keep warm.

Huh.. and here I'm up in Abbotsford BC and dragged out my foam bed to air, taking a nap for a coupla hours on it too! ..Willy.

Well, I don't think you'll like it any better here in Florida right now.

Weather is relative. Depending on where you started out from, it's usually gonna be colder where ever you wind up at next. It's really a matter of adapting to whatever new area you choose to winter in (if it's colder than where you started out in). It might take a season or two, but you do adapt to it and make things work. Keep at it, you'll get there!

It was in the upper 70s today and perfect weather here in beautiful Quartzsite, AZ!! And the forecast is to stay really nice.

You'll be glad you came!
Bob

akrvbob said:
It was in the upper 70s today and perfect weather here in beautiful Quartzsite, AZ!! And the forecast is to stay really nice.

You'll be glad you came!
Bob

they're in the northeast so I doubt QZ is too cold for them at this moment.

We are heading to quartzite as a matter of fact. We are leaving out on saturday...myself, wife, and two dogs. Off on a grand adventure for a bit, hence the screen name "sabatical". We'll be pulling a travel trailer for the first time so it'll be slow going, but we hope to catch the tail end of the RTR. I hear the gem show is good too. Last minute preps are getting done and we pack up tomorrow.

...I'd like to say I'll miss the woodstove but that would be a fib.

It was a long journey (3000 miles) but we're so glad we came. The last few days of the RTR were very enjoyable. We made many new friends and learned alot.
Most have moved on and the camp is very quiet today. We will move on soon also but we wanted to take in the gem show before pulling out.
Quartzsite is amazing although the town itself is a zoo. We have been going for lots of walks with the dogs. Today we even found a labyrinth and spent a while admiring it.