Is it better to get all cordless tools, with 12 volt charger to...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homeless in Canada said:
And you never never never run anything off your truck battery. That's for starting your truck. You need an isolator so the house battery doesn't drain the truck battery. And cordless tools suck. They have their uses but for doing work like ripping boards and cutting sheetgoods those battery powered skilsaws just can't keep up.

A few years ago, I'd have agreed with this.  But the times, they are a changin' when it comes to cordless tools.  They flat out kick ass now a days.

Still true for true professional level all-day slogging, just not practical to keep that many big batteries cycling, multiple chargers to keep them topped up, overall higher cost.

But for hobbyist / DIY use no worries

And power lights and fans as well! Cann't wait for my new 9 amp hour batteries to get here to see if it will keep my fan going 24/7.

John61CT said:
Still true for true professional level all-day slogging, just not practical to keep that many big batteries cycling, multiple chargers to keep them topped up, overall higher cost.

But for hobbyist / DIY use no worries

You havent’ been on a job site for a long time pros use battery tools more then electrical by a long shot today, every site has a ton of battery chargers plugged into the electric boards.