internet access ?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joey

Reaction score
  I won't have a computer for a few months when I leave here. Do public libraries allow travelers access to computers? If not,where are likely places to get access?

from my experiences with moving a lot, if you have a library card from a different county they make you get one from theirs, ( 2-5$).  also some don't even require you to use a card, you just sign in. 

It depends on the library usually, but i know some have access for visitors, but there is a time limit/sign in sheet.  Nothing for it but to ask :| 

The majority of libraries I've visited offer free wifi without getting a library card. But you can get a library card if you just show the staff some type of legal ID.

Libraries get this question all the time.&nbsp; Just ask for a computer pass for the day.&nbsp; Or if they have WiFi, ask at the desk how to connect to the network.&nbsp; <br />P.S. Being polite goes a LONG way with librarians.&nbsp;

Joey:&nbsp; There mightn't be a library in the US these days being supported by a community so small they don't have WIFI and internet access for library patrons.&nbsp; Even the village of Harper, Texas, with a fledgling struggling library trying to get started, a few hundred residents, has that.<br /><br />I've found libraries to be as helpful for internet access as a person could hope for, even in communities where everything else about the towns broadcasts hatred for strangers, suspicion, religious and ethnic bigotry, and a lot of questions about local literacy, none about why the town's drying up.

Thanks Guys, I'm heading out next week and just trying to make sure I have the basics covered.