Interesting mod for a jeep. JXL

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I like that. I wonder how (or if) you get from the driver's seat into the back. Would you make your way somehow between the two front seats into the back area where you could stand up? If so that would be great.

Kind of a little test for your arthritis but what the hey, all part of the fun.

Johnny

They could get one from a wrecker and splice two of them together for an eight door SUV. Maybe modify the second transfer case and rear end to have 6 wheel drive.

Just turned a nice lightweight capable 4 x 4 into an under powered cramped camper that is gonna drag coming out of every little ditch. An old aircooled VW bus had less overhang I bet.

The company from Texas is actually importing a kit made in France. I've watched a couple complete walk around videos and they seem well made. Biggest issue for me is the rear overhang and all that extra weight hanging out back, on a vehicle that is already easy to overload the rear with larger spare tire, extra fuel, high lift jack, etc. I think I still prefer the Ursa Minor pop top for the JK, but they are not cheap. Then again, neither is the JK to start with, even used.

Me? I don't have a jeep... That would be fun if I did...

But, I do have a express van, and I'd bet that pop top could be made to fit my van...???

Looks like I could make it work?

I know, five grand for a glass hi top, yadda, yadda...