If I had a million dollars...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeker/Wanderer

Reaction score
:D I would establish an RV/camping home for old ass wanderers/seekers stuck in the 70s like myself. I realize it would cost more than that I just like a song that goes that... I'm thinking Northern NM/S.CO. would do.

You don't have to be a millionaire....have you check out the CHEAP land deals in NM ????????????????????

If I had a million dollars i'd buy some land that the wild Mustangs roam on....and build a ranch and make sure they are happy and safe .....and hire a few cowboys to protect them....

Seeker/Wanderer said:
:D I would establish an RV/camping home for old ass wanderers/seekers stuck in the 70s like myself. I realize it would cost more than that I just like a song that goes that... I'm thinking Northern NM/S.CO. would do.
It's just a thought. A dream. A respite where travelers might stay and reminisce and listen to music, play frisbee, walk silently...a "movement man!"

If I had a million dollars I would likely spend part of the year in Europe and part of it in the USA. Maybe I would buy some property but maybe not. More fun to have a little mobile living space and do some long term stays of several months in various locations.

I think I would give it away because I am pretty happy with the way I live now, more money would just cause more problems! Tooley have you spent a million dollars yet? I don't think I have and I'm pretty happy most of the last 15 years a few miles west of you in Utah. LOL!!!

I'm such a total saint, if I had a million dollars, I would buy 2 pieces of property, one in Arizona near Quartzsite and one in Idaho somewhere near the Sawtooth Mtns, and donate both parcels to HOWA. :angel: :angel: :angel:

I can be happy without a lot of money but I could have even more interesting things to do and have more fun with a million dollars. I enjoy experiencing other cultures, I like seeing really ancient buildings and great works of art. The USA has some of it but other areas have considerably more. Reading about it in a book and watching videos is OK but I also want to go there in person, walk the land, touch the walls, eat the food, smell the air.

I went car camping in France one time for 3 weeks. It was wonderful. Camping is camping, that part was not different, but the things I saw and experienced first hand sure were. And those things have contributed to my current happiness and they expanded my abilities as an artist. I would never have gotten to go to sleep in the shadow of a crusader castle on the hill above or walked through the gate used by the knights templar. Or seen the complex items created entirely with hand tools by apprentices who submitted them to be judged worthy of becoming designated as master craftsmen. Or looked at real paintings by Da Vinci instead of just seeing printed copies or walked through the home and gardens of Monet and walked into a circular gallery room and be surrounded by his huge paintings so that you felt totally immersed in his expression of the place that brought him great happiness. I loved the constant cooing of the doves in the countryside and driving the little hedgerow lanes of Normandy and coming up upon old manor houses and chateaus. Or walking the twisted, cobbled lanes with the old half timber buildings leaning this way and that. It does take a lot more money to go out and experience things that are not close enough to hop in the car and drive an hour or a few day's time away. I don't have to be wealthy but it sure would not hurt to have more of it around so I can expand my nomadic roaming distance.

I would travel non-stop until I have no money left! Or maybe I'd spare some but not so sure about that. Anyway I won't think big and try to help others(yes I'm selfish, sorry!) I would just enjoy the time and money myself on the road!

maki2 said:
I can be happy without a lot of money but I could have even more interesting things to do and have more fun with a million dollars. I enjoy experiencing other cultures, I like seeing really ancient buildings and great works of art. The USA has some of it but other areas have considerably more. Reading about it in a book and watching videos is OK but I also want to go there in person, walk the land, touch the walls, eat the food, smell the air.

I went car camping in France one time for 3 weeks. It was wonderful. Camping is camping, that part was not different, but the things I saw and experienced first hand sure were. And those things have contributed to my current happiness and they expanded my abilities as an artist. I would never have gotten to go to sleep in the shadow of a crusader castle on the hill above or walked through the gate used by the knights templar. Or seen the complex items created entirely with hand tools by apprentices who submitted them to be judged worthy of becoming designated as master craftsmen. Or looked at real paintings by Da Vinci instead of just seeing printed copies or walked through the  home and gardens of Monet and walked into a circular gallery room and be surrounded by his huge paintings so that you felt totally immersed in his expression of the place that brought him great happiness. I loved the constant cooing of the doves in the countryside and driving the little hedgerow lanes of Normandy and coming up upon old manor houses and chateaus. Or walking the twisted, cobbled lanes with the old half timber buildings leaning this way and that. It does take a lot more money to go out and experience things that are not close enough to hop in the car and drive an hour or a few day's time away. I don't have to be wealthy but it sure would not hurt to have more of it around so I can expand my nomadic roaming distance.
Ditto! Maki2

Sofisintown said:
I like your plan, but a million dollars will fall short for all that! :-/
Yes certainly. I wouldn't want horses or cowboys for sure. Just trees, animals, mountains and silence.

Oh, and I would not welcome anyone who has an RV that is less than 10 years old and welcome all those who don't have one at all living out of a backpack.

Seeker/Wanderer said:
It's just a thought. A dream. A respite where travelers might stay and reminisce and listen to music, play frisbee, walk silently...a "movement man!"
I would set up a "temporary refuge and vehicle improvement center" in my area for van dwellers and boondockers where they can get solar, insulation, etc. improvements and rest for a week or so. 

Right now, I have spare bedrooms that could be used by the community if this was practical; there are people that would not be welcome and I do not know of a good screening mechanism.  My HOA doesn't allow RVs, boats, tractors, etc. and this is another difficulty. I think Bob Wells would favor "pit stop" options in every state where people in the community could get repairs or upgrades needed to get back on the road; hopefully HOWA will set these up someday.

could you make that 5 million? I can't make 1 million stretch far enough to last me another 25 years.