Ideas for Making Money On The Road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I once paid $250 for a custom knife at a Rocky Mtn. Elk Foundation meal and auction.There's a reason they give out free booze at those things.

akrvbob said:
You can get a travel visa and spend the 6 months of winter on BLM land in AZ and bang away to your hearts content! Set up a tent at Quartzsite and sell a whole years worth in one quick shot. Lots of disposable income down here in the retired RVers in QZT! Tons of places  here to be totally alone!
Bob

Ha, we Canadians just need a passport not a travel visa.

The problem he would have is getting his equipment and raw stock across the border. Border guards are on the lookout for any of us Canadians who think we can come to the US and make a living.

Even at my age I went through 50 questions as to how I was going to support myself for the duration of my stay. If you're not retirement age, it will be doubly hard to convince those nice men and women at the border that you're not headed south to either stay or to earn money.

I know a little more than something about how it is done so PM's will work if DRM is interested.

gcal said:
I would rather have that guy with the hammer for a while than those #!@*#@! wind chimes 24\7!

Bob Dickerson said:
Ahhhh,a fellow wind chime hater.

Ha, good thing I left my favorite set of chimes in the storage trailer isn't it.

Else I'd be parking a goodly distance from either of you.

Chimes need to be tuned when they're made and each of us has a different key that our brain likes. Listening to chimes that are discordant or made of the wrong material hurts my ears too but a good set of wind chimes in the right key tinkling softly in the breeze is my third most favorite sound after wolves howling and loons calling.

Recently worked a gig hooked up by a friend & found out the other temps had been hired through TaskRabbit. I'd never heard of it before, but it sounds like a good way to get some side jobs on the road. Anyone here have any experience?

Off Grid 24/7 said:
Bitty,

Of course of I'm willing to help! I'll PM you here shortly.

OG
If it's not asking too much could you tell me a little about hosting too? I'll try not to pester you too much but if you can start me in the right direction I can usually get there.

Please elaborate on the hosting reseller income stream. It's like you do not share because you fear competition. I've become jaded on internet work, I've seen too many scams and schemes promising four digit or more income. I know legitimate internet income takes work, I want to see a roadmap on the work.

Get this e book from amazon it will give you more information.

"Start a Home Business: Sell Web Hosting & Domain Registration" by Gerhard Homveld -

"Start a Home Business: Sell Web Hosting & Domain Registration"

Start reading this book for free: http://amzn.to/1WZh8C9

debit.servus said:
Please elaborate on the hosting reseller income stream. It's like you do not share because you fear competition. I've become jaded on internet work, I've seen too many scams and schemes promising four digit or more income. I know legitimate internet income takes work, I want to see a roadmap on the work.

Sorry, but Bob has decided to censor me on subjects that I am a well known expert on.  Because of this, I no longer post expert advice here, just idle chit chat.

debit.servus said:

Just a small thing I have learned in life.

You value the things you have learned or earned the hard way much more than what is handed to you.    

It takes time, dedication, and lots of hard work. 

Find a need, and fill it!

Off Grid 24/7 said:
Sorry, but Bob has decided to censor me on subjects that I am a well known expert on.  Because of this, I no longer post expert advice here, just idle chit chat.
Why would a person who is for freedom be so Orwellian to you? Can you PM me links to your roadmap?
GotSmart said:
Just a small thing I have learned in life.

You value the things you have learned or earned the hard way much more than what is handed to you.    

It takes time, dedication, and lots of hard work. 

Find a need, and fill it!
So in replying to my request for more information and how to get a foot in the reseller hosting biz, you say I should have to work to uncover the information??? If so, that sounds like a lot of the internet marketing gurus who claim to spend years researching with trail-and-error; and are pitching your their finished work for $27 if you Act Now!

Serious about becoming a hosting reseller in the sense that I want to have as many income avenues open for me as possible when I go fulltime.

debit.servus said:
So in replying to my request for more information and how to get a foot in the reseller hosting biz, you say I should have to work to uncover the information??? If so, that sounds like a lot of the internet marketing gurus who claim to spend years researching with trail-and-error; and are pitching your their finished work for $27 if you Act Now!

Serious about becoming a hosting reseller in the sense that I want to have as many income avenues open for me as possible when I go fulltime.

I give up.   :rolleyes:

There is no free roadmap.   :idea:

I love the idea of an income stream from doing very little like reseller web hosting, although I'm still not really sure what that even
means / involves. All this web hosting stuff is really mumbo jumbo to me, i just don't get it. It sounds great though.

I more enjoy doing something and getting paid for it, I'm a massage therapist and feel I can do that along the way to pick up
some extra bucks. Also I've cleaned windows professionally in the past and am sure there is always a need for that.
I am going to do some of the work camping jobs to start out though, I'm already signed up for sugar beet harvest in October.
Might look into Amazon as I've heard a lot of good things about it. But the night time security for Xmas tree lots REALLY intrigues
me!!

There are a number of jobs that can be done either in person or remotely online that you get paid for once the work is performed. A few that come to mind and are popular are:

Computer tuneups & speedups
Software installation & removal
Virus, spyware, & malware removal
Data recovery

All these require is knowing what software to use, and how to use it.
How to market your service(s).
How to get paid.
And how to turn most customers into repeat business, and get referrals.

Such services are scarce in many areas, and working remotely gives you easy access to any part of the country from your current location. All you need is an internet connection, people even do this from libraries & coffee shops.

Off Grid 24/7 said:
There are a number of jobs that can be done either in person or remotely online that you get paid for once the work is performed.  A few that come to mind and are popular are:

Computer tuneups & speedups
Software installation & removal
Virus, spyware, & malware removal
Data recovery

All these require is knowing what software to use, and how to use it.
How to market your service(s).
How to get paid.
And how to turn most customers into repeat business, and get referrals.

Such services are scarce in many areas, and working remotely gives you easy access to any part of the country from your current location.  All you need is an internet connection, people even do this from libraries & coffee shops.

Don't forget that you need to invest in said software to do those tasks. Getting paid is easy, just accept cash and paypal. Accepting PayPal means you can accept credit cards if needed or they can do electronic funds transfer directly from their account. Easy peasy. Marketing is slightly harder especially if you keep moving around as we do. OTOH, there should be the built in market of co-travelers who are not tech savvy.

ramblingvanman said:
Don't forget that you need to invest in said software to do those tasks. Getting paid is easy, just accept cash and paypal. Accepting PayPal means you can accept credit cards if needed or they can do electronic funds transfer directly from their account. Easy peasy. Marketing is slightly harder especially if you keep moving around as we do. OTOH, there should be the built in market of co-travelers who are not tech savvy.

The good news is that all of the software needed is free.

Marketing via free classifieds is easy too.

Off Grid 24/7 said:
The good news is that all of the software needed is free.

Marketing via free classifieds is easy too.

Really? Got links to the free software that actually works? You have free access to OSs when you have to wipe and overwrite a badly infected system? Links to good password cracking software when your client forgets said password? I would love to have those links if you have them.