IDAHO! Where are my Idaho people?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotSpringsCyclist

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Currently living 3 weeks on 1 week off.  I have a tiny home on property in Spokane, WA and a Dodge Caravan "second home," for adventuring.  Are there any other really serious hotsprings-seekers?  My ideal boondocking spots are ones with hot water to soak in, and I have a growing journal/mental collection of routes and long-term stay prospects... just wondering if anyone else is interested in Idaho as much as I am.  I don't see much talk about it.  So far I've spent most of my May-Octobers in central ID, as approached from either Missoula or Lewiston/McCall area from Spokane.  Red River, Horse Creek, Elk Bend, and that area are amongst my most favorites.

Anyone care to ever join?  I know aaallll the free spots and all the great places to eat!  Thinking of putting together a more "formal," as formal as we get around here anyway gathering/route for next summer.

HotSpringsAng  :)

I also like to bike!

I'd participate in that... I have been living in Post Falls, Idaho for the last six years. Currently I'm emptying my apartment, but already living in my van.

Hi, 
  I’m Dan. I camp at hot springs every chance I get. Idaho has some good ones. I just left there about a month back. 
 I’m over on the central Oregon Coast right now.
Did you have any place in mind yet?

Oh man - do I have a place in mind? Well, a couple actually - several that I know the details on how long you can stay, (5-14 days), and many people in the surrounding communities of Lowman (private property with RV space and a B&B - good friend of mine) near Haven HS, Kirkham CG Tenmile, and Bonneville CG. Elk Bend (Goldbug, Sharkey - CGs nearby, and I am considering purchasing a quarter acre in Elk Bend), Lolo/Jerry Johnson/Weir Creek area. Horse Creek is utterly amazing but may be impossible for larger rigs - vans will definitely work, but I don't know about any RVs over 20 ft. or so, the road is just to narrow/windy/and rough. Next I want to explore some spots in Southern Idaho. I have yet to see Craters of the Moon, and I am also very curious about Bruneau HS. Gold Fork will be opening a CG soon. Nearby in MT, we could visit the town of Hot Springs, the 1000 Buddhist statues, and I am sure there are campgrounds around - MT allows camping anywhere that is not specifically prohibited with a sign... but I need to check this out.

So. Many. Ideas!!!!

What ideas do the two of you have?

Thanks so much for responding!!! I look forward to meeting you both someday!

Wait.. don't stop!! lol I would go for some (natural) hot springs!! (I was thinking of HS, AR.. but it was soooo silly.. all in town at hotels.. .. Ugh)

I'm leaving in a week or so for the West.... talk to me.. lol I'll go anywhere it's not over 75 degrees (air temp.. not water!! lol)

I'm not thinking about anything much lately other than emptying this apartment. I have to be out by the 20th and then will go back to California for a bit as I've got an appointment to meet someone there on the 30th of September or thereabouts. Then it will be getting cold in October. So this year, I probably won't be van camping in Idaho, but next year I'd like to return...