I need a mini van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fauna

Reaction score
Is there a place on this forum that lists mini vans for sale? Also please help. What is the "Subscription method:" listed below used as? I am confused as to what to check.

Car Gurus is great. Also Carfax. That's where I found my Transit Connect.

Fleet maintained Transit Connects are begining to age out might find a deal at auctions (we have a trading post forum)

Sunny1 said:
Car Gurus is great.  Also Carfax. That's where I found my Transit Connect.

Thank you Sunny1 I will check it out.

wagoneer said:
Fleet maintained Transit Connects are begining to age out might find a deal at auctions (we have a trading post forum)

hi wagoneer, where can I find these auctions? do they cost money to join? thank you

Sunny1 said:
Car Gurus is great.  Also Carfax. That's where I found my Transit Connect.

Sunny1, what state did you find your Transit Connect? I ask because I live in California in one of the most high priced states. I'm thinking I could find the same TC for a cheaper price in a different state. thanks

I just bought a Honda Odyssey through CarGuru which pointed me to a Honda dealership. I preferred the dealsership because they have a maintenance agreement for $2300 for 3 years that covers drive train, engine and a buncha other stuff.

It's a 2008 and it runs great!! I think a good maintenance plan is important.

flewis777 said:
I just bought a Honda Odyssey through CarGuru which pointed me to a Honda dealership. I preferred the dealsership because they have a maintenance agreement for $2300 for 3 years that covers drive train, engine and a buncha other stuff.

It's a 2008 and it runs great!! I think a good maintenance plan is important.

flewis777 , may I ask what state you purchased your van? I haven't found a van in California that fits my $$$ I thought it might be less expensive in other states.

Fauna said:
flewis777 , may I ask what state you purchased your van? I haven't found a van in California that fits my $$$ I thought it might be less expensive in other states.

flewis777; I like the idea of the maintenance agreement too.

flewis777; I like the idea of the maintenance agreement too.

Fauna said:
Sunny1, what state did you find your Transit Connect? I ask because I live in California in one of the most high priced states. I'm thinking I could find the same TC for a cheaper price in a different state. thanks

I got mine in Georgia. They get a lot of fleet commercial vehicles in Atlanta. I paid $10,000 for mine with 72,000 miles.  It is an LXT and has the cruise control and window package that I had been looking for.  I'll try to post a picture.  Most of the 2012-2013 TC's around here run around $12000-$13000.

I'm sure you would do better buying outside of California.  Go to carfax.com and check the TCs near you, and then in neighboring states.  Their prices are not negotiable, so whatever price they show is what you will pay.  They also give you a free Carfax report showing all reported maintenance records, accident history, recalls, etc.  I have also seen flood damage reported on some of them.

I also paid $2000 for the extended warranty covering transmission, drive train, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_20180509_180844.jpg
    IMG_20180509_180844.jpg
    959.7 KB
Thank you Sunny1 for the detailed info. I will start my search now. Hopefully I can find what I am looking for. Your van looks like one of the larger ones that I like. I especially like the windows. ThU again. I'll let everyone know what I find.

Latest posts