I have stopped opening profiles

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagoneer

Reaction score
Primarily because they are usually empty. I understand the need for privacy but usually devoid of even the slightest hint. Just commenting not judging. Have a great morning.

Are you just talking about this new board??

I'm sure most folks are just glad they made it over, and haven't taken the time to set up their personal profiles and photo albums yet.

I know I really enjoy looking at photos of people's rigs and read their stories, so I'm gonna give everybody some to to make the transition.

btw...this better mean that your's is all filled in!!!! :D

Mostly. I do not have a web I don't blog or read blogs. Photos should arrive when the build is done, so far I am liking the new look.

Ok, I'll add some stuff to our profile as I get time today :D

I'm not seeing a place to add pics to the profile. Am I missing something??

Attachments

• 595x800 pxl.JPG
    595x800 pxl.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 14
I think we have to redo our profiles on the new board. I just changed my birthday to the correct date, I wouldn't want to miss out on birthday wishes next month. A good one for me 60 years old and my family still hasn't killed my spirit yet. I have to stay alive so I can get on the road and meet up with some of you and experience freedom. I don't think I've ever been free to be me.

Diane you have always been free that cage around you was built by you. As hard as that is for me to understand I have done this as well I mean my own cage was built by me and kept me sane in times of danger and insecurity
when you look at it from the outside many people limit themselves and stay in that "safe zone" it is like a cage, you are in control who enters and you decide when to leave the door open. Get that crow bar out and start. I care.

Wagoneer and bindi and us, I know, this is why I love the people here. It is a family that is both strong and weak, sometimes we disagree with each other but it is always warm. I can even whine on here once in a while and still feel safe.
quote by wago. " Diane you have always been free that cage around you was built by you. "

I wish I could disagree with you but you are correct. I am getting a backbone, it's taken a lot of years but its happening.

I just noticed, Katie is aptly titled skulery wench :)

Wagoneer, what kinds of information makes a good profile? I've read quite a number of them both here and in the old site, and it seemed like most had practically no info. So naturally, I did not put much on my own beyond age & gender. I did post a profile picture.

I notice that, while my profile info is mostly here, the photo albums did not carry over.

Not yet mockturtle. We are working on that, plus PM's and the balance of forum posts since 8/29.

Dragonfly :) tomorrow it might be head pirate. You can change yours too!

Oh, dear...Guilty!! I never complete profile info on any site, as I am well aware of the potential for misuse on the 'net. No offense meant to others; I'm just a very private person.

Best wishes!

Well, I just got a PM from someone who "just read my profile" and wants to have "an important talk" and "share pictures".....usually it is Mutt that gets those kinda messages on his facebook page.

So....coincidence? Casey or Adrian up to mischief? Or am I finally about to recieve a perk from running this joint?

Sure, privacy issues are understood, but I see no harm in disclosing your state and a bit about your interests.
Are you a hiker, rock hound, or just plain lazy...some hint as to who we're talking to.

Age is something people are sensitive about...why be?? I have no problem with the fact that I'm 66 and am happy to have made it this far.

Personally, I don't think the profiles here are too detailed, nor damaging.