I am no longer a Box Van !

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wchancey

Reaction score
I had my box van retitled an RV today. It turned out to be a very simple process.
 I really don't know if there are any benifits or not , other than my AAA road service would not cover a box truck because was considered a commercial vehicle but it will cover an RV.
 So I guess I don't know if I should feel good about it or not , but it may look like a box van to you but it is an RV to me.

wchancey said:
I had my box van retitled an RV today. It turned out to be a very simple process.
 I really don't know if there are any benifits or not , other than my AAA road service would not cover a box truck because was considered a commercial vehicle but it will cover an RV.
 So I guess I don't know if I should feel good about it or not , but it may look like a box van to you but it is an RV to me.

Congrats on the title conversion.  :) I was going to do that once, and had checked with DMV on the requirements. You're right, it was a fairly straightforward process. 
I ended up selling the thing before I converted it though.  :(

The problem I've run into is that self-built RV's seem to be hard to insure here in the states....in the UK? No problem...

Let us know how that end of the process works out for you!

Latest posts