AAA RV towing Bus conversions and limitations.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freerover726

Reaction score
I recently called AAA to renew my RV towing insurance for 100 mile coverage. They don't cover conversion buses. 22ft ford e350. And the RV portion no longer cover 100 miles. They only cover 500 dollars per incident. They said it could cost 450.00 just to change a tire. So the entire AAA dynamic has changed for RVs.

My questions is what are other alternatives to AAA? For those who rely on the service for their back up. Good Sam was mentioned but I dont know how that works?

I don't know what you mean by "conversion bus". Good Sam covers every vehicle. I have their Platinum coverage on a 40' Class A and a 22' passenger van with a DIY conversion. I've had only one claim (knock on wood) and it was handled seamlessly. They sent a flatbed to tow my van to the desired (though not nearest) MB dealership, 40+ miles away. No questions asked, no out of pocket cost. Good Sam isn't cheap, but they're currently running a 50% off sale.

Escapee's has roadside service. $109 plus membership.
"SafeRide RV Roadside Assistance"

I got $200 off the repair bill, the tow was no cost.

Last edited:
I used Good Sam roadside a couple of times for my RV. Showed up just fine. No cost. It was a simple jump needed because I forgot to turn on the generator before making coffee and ran the batteries down. I shouldn't have been able to do that, but my RV has ghosts in the electrical system.

We have Good Sam’s Platinum and have saved money over the years because we did but it has gotten more difficult and expensive to get towed to a preferred garage. The last time the free tow got us to within 8 miles of where we wanted to go. The last 8 miles cost about $90!