I am in need of DESPERATE help

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrrrlAfrayed

Reaction score
:heart: :heart:

Hello everyone. I am new to the whole campervan/rv kinda thing. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for Campervan rental/hire sites???? All I seem to come upon is the same Big Named companies through millions of 3rd party sites offering the same places. And nothing is available.  :mad:
Can anyone direct me to a thread that has this time of subject?

Thank you loads & loads
Melanie

What exactly are you looking to rent, for how long, price range? The more information you can provide, the better, so the community can help you [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but if you mean camper van rentals then on my last big road trip I saw several EscapeCampervans. Met a person who flew to Las Vegas from New Jersey and was having a great time.
https://www.escapecampervans.com/campervans/ is a link to their website.

Welcome Melanie to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Get a cheap van move in and move on, nothing etched in stone it's all a gamble learn how to deal with the unexpected. I hear of all these great deals, no magic bullet. The "I am a woman" card is overplayed you can do this yes you stumble and fall like many here hopefully you learn along the way, welcome to the forum and good luck.

Thanks for the fast responses. 

Specifically a 2-4 Berth Campervan or a Compact RV 
OW DROP OFF

FROM Seattle area to Atlanta, Houston, DFW, or Orlando 25 June-9 July .  No Worries type of cover and unlimited mile packages? Many thanks. Melanie

Do you absolutely need to have a fitted-out campervan?It may be a lot less expensive to rent a U-Haul cargo van and fit it out with camping pads, a luggable Lou bucket, a cheap & portable camping stove, etc.

GrrrlAfrayed said:
Up to approx [font=arial, sans-serif]$3,000[/font]
Keep an eye on Craigslist some people rent out their RV's there. If you find one be sure to document any existing damage.

Ahhh some good suggestions there, thank you so much. in regards to escape caravans, they have been the most frustrating, as they link out to so many 3rd party sites. that i am continuously told after filling a booking form, giving CC details, they come back to me saying Escape Caravans is sold out etc etc. and i hadn't realised was them. I've learned to figure out when it is Escape Caravans now hahaaa The most difficult part is that i need a OW rental. Oh well, may have to be a rental car and camping . Thank again all

Have you tried Cruise America? They rent small Class C campers that are very comfortable. You might have to pay extra for one way. Otherwise, you could rent a U-Haul van and put a cot in it for sleeping. Not many other options for one way.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes, you are correct. Really difficult to locate anything available for OW drop. i have definitely researched weeks and weeks worth of every possible Commercial companies i could find on google. Brain boggling. I thought maybe try 'privately'. I have heard the suggestion of a U-Hall van. Sounds scary to sleep in one, hahaaa but may have to be considered . thank you

Latest posts