I am a introvert (actually a INFJ Myers–Briggs) New to this Forum...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zig8

Reaction score
Hello,... I have been lurking around CheapRvLiving for a while now... After watching Bob's last youtube video (Nov. 5th), I thought maybe I should join the forum... I currently have a slide-in truck camper that I like very much but I live in a stick house and am several years away from retirement but would so love to retire now... 59 years old and really need to at least wait for 62 for social security...
  I am lucky in that I will get some pension, but my ex will get half... :s  I am enjoying the information that I am seeing here and on Bob's videos... I have no reason why I couldn't enjoy a traveling nomadic...
  I am a big introvert and am really a INFJ (introvert on steroids)... Are there any others here...? I am guessing there are...  :D

Welcome zig8 to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Thanks for the tip... It has been awhile since I used a forum... (dang facebook groups has taken away everything)...

Hiya zig ,  You've got a desire and a plan, that's a great start!  I've read many comments that express how 'introverted' some here are.
You're certainly not alone.  I have a goofy omni~directional voice' here on the forum, but in realsies I'm soft spoken and don't care
for large gatherings. Just a few good trustworthy friends is all it takes for me!

Welcome!  :)

I love this forum... There is so much good information here... What a great resource... My guess is that this nomadic lifestyle is going to grow and grow as there are more and more people that are going to fall into it... I think we need to make sure that we are not regulated and pushed out of this narrow gap of inexpensive living... Maybe a beginning of a voice for cheap living with respect...

Welcome to the form. We believe that a good many of the nomads are introverts. My husband and I are both INSJ.  We  have joined the nomad tribe and have started our new life on the road.Perhaps we may meet you  someday.

I did a lot of travel when I was married, but the last few years I have been really hunkered down saving money (catching up) and I am really missing the road... My pickup sits in the driveway with the camper on it for months at a time... I live in Indiana and have been as far as Alaska to Florida in the same year... The only parts of US that I have not been in is the North East... I have had a popup and toy hauler and a little guy teardrop camper (several at the same time)... I am buying a mini RunAway camper right now to pull with my car... I think I could do extended stays in it if I put solar on the roof... :) The question is can I do it by myself... I know I can as I have gone on mini trips just the two small dogs and me... :)

I'm also an INFJ. We are definitely a rare breed, but I think you are right that our numbers will be much higher in this lifestyle.

Welcome, Zig 8! Love your pup photo...what a great expression on that doggie!

As far as introverts go, I think you'd have a harder time finding extroverts on this site than introverts, but that's just my take on things here...
In any case, you're in good company!
Looking forward to hearing about steps you're taking to get your rig out of the driveway, even if just for weekends....
It's getting cold in our part of the country but if you can heat your rig, I can't imagine it'll be a problem. Foliage season is way behind here in NY, so some weekend trips are in order here, too....

Hi Zig8, INFJ pretty must describes me as well and I think many of us who are are drawn to this lifestyle. I prefer the company of my dog or most people ha!