How to tell if you broke the rules or not.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something I think is very unfair on this forum is that people are allowed to attack a position held by a poster and if they respond their post in defense is deleted. While the attackers posts have had time to be read. That is patently unfair.
I also believe there is a bias from some of the mods which affects posts.

I first came to the website with the hopes of adding enough knowledge that would allow me to safely get on the road. IPhones are swaram to provide exactly what I needed.

I have seen forums destroyed by the trolls and the troublemakers who want to drag politics and religion and racism and bigotry into the forum where they didn't belong.

I for one am thankful for the efforts the moderators put into keeping this an information-based forum. I think it's great that over time it has grown into a community where those on the road can communicate with each other through various topics here on this forum. I have been a moderator in the past on other forums. For the most part it tends to be a thankless job.

I don't always agree with what's deleted or what remains. But I do appreciate the fact that I don't have to face a lot of negativity or a lot of spam on this forum so as far as my opinion goes I like the moderators to keep on doing just what they're doing.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

geogentry said:
I have seen forums destroyed by the trolls and the troublemakers who want to drag politics and religion and racism and bigotry into the forum where they didn't belong.
I quite agree. Sadly, there is ALWAYS somebody who thinks that their political or religious opinions are The Most Important Thing Ever (tm)(c) and who simply MUST preach it at everyone in sight, despite the fact that nobody gives a crap about them. Then, when told to stop, they want to weep and whine and gnash their teeth about what a martyr they are because everyone everywhere is out to get them.
It's tedious and tiresome.
The rule here is simple--no politics. For those who find that they cannot shut their mouths about their political opinions, perhaps they should consider whether they would be happier in some other place, where they can preach at all and sundry to their heart's content. Have at it and enjoy yourself. This ain't the place for it.
I too am happy that the moderators do such a good job of cleaning up after people.