How to hide

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a few words about <span id="post_message_1272033708">burying a shipping container. I have one buried on my place in the southwest high mountains. It is not what many folks make it out to be. It feels like you are buried when you're in it. I had thoughts of living in it also. It is a 40 footer with 2 bedrooms built in. I soon realized that I could not stay in it for long so I have a little cabin built above ground just 40 feet away. Before you go throwing money into burying a bus,</span><span id="post_message_1272033708"> a shipping container or any other such vehicle do a lot of homework. More than I did. Even if you lived in something buried where would you park your vehicle. The locals and police would be checking out your vehicle and find your cave. My buried container is 90 miles to the closest Wal-Mart and I still have locals. I agree that hiding in plain site makes more sense. Look like you belong but don't socialize.<br /></span>

Lonfu,<br />I like the idea of cameras tho I doubt I will try living in the container again. I plan to use it for winter food storage and other such things. I will be moving into the cabin next summer. Plan is to spend the summers there and the winters in the van somewhere on the lower desert two to three hundred miles away.