How necessary is moderation

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has no pictures and very limited quotes used. What is it we should have done differently here? I am confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its called moderation Blanch! Lol. Might be a copy\pasta answer, the mod was bored, or possibly going super deep and showing you what can happen with moderation... Just read their answer and try to comply. After that, have a great day and hope they have one too! :cool:

^^^

Be kind ~ REWIND!   :D

Sometimes we all need a reminder.  One on a thread about moderation that shows the biggest problem here ~~~ making things inconvienent for the members.

It is nice when that is the biggest problem.  Thanks to the moderators, life here is good.

Got it! I'm new here, so I want to understand the rules of the road.

All is happy and well!

gfish, that deserves its own thread.  Just ????  :huh: ????  WTF ????

gsfish - that looks like it was written by the same gentlemen who made a proposal of marriage to me, if I could just give him my CC number so he could get airfare to visit!

Blanch said:
gsfish - that looks like it was written by the same gentlemen who made a proposal of marriage to me, if I could just give him my CC number so he could get airfare to visit!

Shucks.  If he was a REAL gentleman, he would have offered to go dutch on the airfare!

Blanch, perhaps you should go for it on YouTube, then. It sounds like the current methods of sharing your work are not the right niche for your talents. I like to watch a lot of videos, especially the ones of drone footage of the desert I love so much

I for one would love to see some urbex videos, so if you start your channel please link us
That also takes care of the moderation issue, honestly
If you don't want 'fat cow' comments just don't include yourself in the vid, simply show the area you're exploring and include commentary on any history of the area, and your own thoughts
Be prepared to be corrected by folks who may know more than you, or who may be full of crap, and be prepared for folks to disagree with you
If they're kind, +1 their comments, if they're cruel, ignore them, if they're informative (fact check them) give them a thank you
or you can ignore the comment section entirely and let the trolls and troll hunters eat each other, which can also be entertaining
All up to you though

gsfish said:
Along with the haters there are the Entrepreneurs such as the one I saw today...

"I honestly had been given paid 10000/$ monthly via means of taking associate try at FACE-BOOK for fewer than four hours daily. i accustomed be idle one years prior to , however presently i am implausibly upbeat that i am profiting to satisfy my fees with fulfillment. it's moderately sure enough fascinating good,and splendid,
•­•­•­?click on on on during this beneath link"

Guy

Sheesh...... I cannot even begin to translate that into understandable English.

Well..... after watching this forum a little closer I can see moderation is required. For any forum that wants to share information and ideas it is required and needed! I have seen a few threads go sideways pretty quick.

I can see where YouTube could be unmoderated if the videos aren't part of an exchange of information.

To the moderators here - thank you! I am certain it is a frustrating job.

In other news, out doing urbex photography two weeks ago I found my first meth lab. The middle of nowhere and I had to almost crawl in a few spots to get to the front door. Then I see some containers with chemicals, not much else, when I hit the third floor I saw the rest and oh boy! I got out of there quick.

Blanch said:
At the RTR I had Randy ask how many people were, or once were, engineers or computer people or technicians. The number of hands raised was about 25% if I remember correctly ( I am, or was, a computer programmer by trade and was surprised at the number of folks I talked to with a technical background). This is an educated group.

I like this forum because of the diversity of people and their backgrounds, their honesty and willingness to help others, and the like mindedness of everyone wanting to be "free" no matter if it's full time, part time or still in the planning stages! Nobody is criticized because of their craftsmanship in builds, lack of knowledge, etc. This forum is about people of the same mindset helping each other achieve the same goal.....happiness and freedom! I feel, just based on the conversations we have on here, I could sit around a campsite with almost everyone on this site and get along great because of the shared common interests, maturity, respect and ethics everyone has. Viva La Bob!

Blanch said:
In other news, out doing urbex photography two weeks ago I found my first meth lab. The middle of nowhere and I had to almost crawl in a few spots to get to the front door. Then I see some containers with chemicals, not much else, when I hit the third floor I saw the rest and oh boy! I got out of there quick.

Where was this? By urbex I'm guessing you mean "urban exploration", aka exploring abandoned buildings?

Blanch said:

Hey there Blanch. I just spoke to Janna - had no idea this was you, though the urbex should have been a dead give-away.  Hope all is well.

Dgorila1 said:
Where was this? By urbex I'm guessing you mean "urban exploration", aka exploring abandoned buildings?

Yes. I do photography of things that are abandoned, including buildings. I've been doing it for decades, now it has a cool hashtag and it's trendy. I never thought that would happen. Of course I never knew about #vanlife and I'm doing that now (although in a TT).

The meth lab was in an abandoned hostel in Redwood state parks at Wilson Creek in California.

IanC said:
Hey there Blanch. I just spoke to Janna - had no idea this was you, though the urbex should have been a dead give-away.  Hope all is well.

All is well. Janna and I got the band back together and we are camping, but you spoke to her and you already know that! Have you finished your six month tour and will you be at the informal RTR? Personally I am on the fence as the cost in gas will be high.

IanC Wrote:
Hey there Blanch. I just spoke to Janna - had no idea this was you, though the urbex should have been a dead give-away. Hope all is well.

Blanch
All is well. Janna and I got the band back together and we are camping, but you spoke to her and you already know that! Have you finished your six month tour and will you be at the informal RTR? Personally I am on the fence as the cost in gas will be high.
===============
Oh get a room you two! /JK

As for the comments section of YouTube, it'd like Mos Eisley ... "A hive of scum and villainy" and just like Han Solo, shoot first. Moderate and bannanate with extreme prejudice.

Zizzer_Zazzer_Zuz said:
As for the comments section of YouTube, it'd like Mos Eisley ... "A hive of scum and villainy"

Indeed. The comment sections at YouTube and Yahoo News prove beyond a doubt that there is no intelligent life on this planet.

lenny flank said:
Indeed. The comment sections at YouTube and Yahoo News prove beyond a doubt that there is no intelligent life on this planet.

Hope I'm not straying, but in regards to comments on Yahoo. In the days when I read it, I'd go back and delete all past comments I'd made periodically.  I had comments return 2 years after I deleted them, which goes to show they never really go away - they're always lurking somewhere in cyberspace.