How do you keep dishes from breaking?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the link Snow Gypsy. I had no idea that something like that was around. highdesertranger

Corell usually lasts well, never broken any in 30 years. Had a trailer, class, C and a truck camper. All Corell.  I don't care for water in plastic cups, taste is off.  I liked that custom made dish/glass holder, what is it, 1/4 plywood and they used a scroll saw?  The coffee cup handle slots was a smart way of doing things...

I have a couple of 12 oz corning bar shaker glasses .
Bounced one off the carpeted floor a couple of times and it lives on. I usually put them in the sink with my cup surrounded by water bottles for travel.

That rack looks nice but I only need 1 or 2 of anything.

I bought all stainless steel plates, bowls, and cups. I actually like eating off them better than traditional dinnerware. Easy to clean too. Everything I bought is 18-8 304 Stainless which is a very good food grade quality stainless steel.

Here's a great source for them. Not the cheapest option but it is a last forever option with no worries about them breaking. The only disadvantage I can see to using stainless is you can't use them in a microwave, but I don't use a microwave so it's a non issue with me. I got a few double wall bowls too, which is great for hot meals as it keeps it warmer longer and it's not too hot to hold when eating from my lap. Keeps milk cold longer too for cereal.

https://www.lifewithoutplastic.com/store/eating/tableware.html