Hooooo boy.......

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lenny flank

Reaction score
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=small][size=small]So, the news says the coppers in Miami have towed away a van used by the dummy who has been mailing pipe bombs to people he didn't like. Let's hope he wasn't living in it---we don't need "publicity" like that.
[/size]
[/font][/size]

I hope you're not boondocking in the same area, Lenny.

I'm in Memphis right now--leaving Sunday for Austin. Plan to spend this winter in Texas.

Yikes!. I didn't see that coming ...

Just caught a picture of the white van and felt my stomach lurch a little. Thinking about how introverted nomads would produce an alibi if the "authorities" come after them. If not using credit cards, how long do people keep their store receipts? Can GPS locators record days/times (that in and of itself makes me uncomfortable)? What are other suggestions?

What I saw and heard on the news was a van that was NOT trying to be inconspicuous, covered with large and perhaps inflammatory stickers, also that the suspect lived near the postal facility where the packages were sent from.

He sounds like a resident of the area, to me, rather than a nomad living out of his van.

GraceinMotion said:
Just caught a picture of the white van and felt my stomach lurch a little. Thinking about how introverted nomads would produce an alibi if the "authorities" come after them. If not using credit cards, how long do people keep their store receipts? Can GPS locators record days/times (that in and of itself makes me uncomfortable)? What are other suggestions?
Keeping receipts came up on another thread, in regards someone being hassled for staying "too long" on NF or BLM land. So if you have a bunch of receipts from 2-3 weeks ago and many miles away, you have some proof of where you were.

WanderingRose said:
What I saw and heard on the news was a van that was NOT trying to be inconspicuous, covered with large and perhaps inflammatory stickers, also that the suspect lived near the postal facility where the packages were sent from.

He sounds like a resident of the area, to me, rather than a nomad living out of his van.

Yep, photos of the van now released show political stickers plastered all over it. Not likely he was a dweller. Just a dummy.

I hope that regardless of one's political views, we can ALL agree that anyone who thinks it's okay to kill or maim political opponents, is seriously fucked in the head.

Edited to remove the f-bomb - c.

Note to self: Don't cover van in political stickers.

My remedy for all that, even if I owned a van, is to not watch the news...which I don't. No news or tv other than movies except I have one college football team that I follow a bit. Used to be a big sports guys, watched anything that involved a ball...no more.

My life is calmer, fewer 'wheels turning', less drama and fear. If anything really big happens I'll know about it soon enough and I ain't worried about something sneaking up and getting me, metaphorically speaking.

lenny flank said:
I'm in Memphis right now--leaving Sunday for Austin. Plan to spend this winter in Texas.

Bring plenty of water, Austin's is contaminated right now due to all the recent flooding in this area.

GraceinMotion said:
I bought a GPS tracker for my car that just inserts into the panel or whatever that little chingaderas is called. Don't know if they all do it, but my son was following along as I went camping and kept getting a "Disturbance to car" notice. I think we finally decided that everytime I opened and closed the door the car felt some sorta way about it, LOL

rosiemartinez1211 said:
Bring plenty of water, Austin's is contaminated right now due to all the recent flooding in this area.

Thanks.

I mostly Walmart-camp, so I always have bottled water if I need it. And if things are too yucky I'll slip over to someplace else instead.

MaTaLa, you are right not to watch the news. It can make one's blood pressure rise...lol

I gave up on news several years ago. Same wars, same news, same politics. Same everything except the names change. Had enough of it. I don't keep up with sports either. I have better ways to spend what little time I have left.

RVTravel said:
MaTaLa, you are right not to watch the news. It can make one's blood pressure rise...lol
Plus anymore, 99% of the news is about just "1" guy, whose name shall go unmentioned hereabouts!!! Even NPR has become TPR anymore.

I feel the opposite way about keeping up with the news.

I pay more attention the last couple of years than at any prior point in my life.

I want to know what is going on, what is being said and done, and by whom, so that I can make decisions, vote and/or advocate accordingly when the time comes.

There is serious lunacy going on right now.

I'm opposed to "willful ignorance" so I keep up with what's going on in the world.