Honda element camper!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

If anyone hasn't seen this or followed Ara and Spirit, this latest blog post about his new "camper" may be of interest to you.<br><br>Tired of camping in a tent and wanting more protection at night from the elements, that is what he bought...a Honda Element and put an Ecamper top on it...enjoy:<br><br>http://theoasisofmysoul.com/?p=16132<br><br>Bri<br>

<P><FONT size=3>Love that e-camper!&nbsp; Now all he needs is one of those swiss camp boxes!</FONT></P>

Being a professional chef I am sure he would put it to good use....<br>Bri<br><br>

Love the blog too. Dog is so cute. What an interesting life Spirt has. I love seeing him on the motorcycle. And &nbsp;boy loveeee that ecamper. The color alone is drop dead lovely.

You are all too kind. <br>And by the way, I really like it here! As they say, unlike other "places"... the "egos" have been left at the door. How refreshing.<br>Yes, it was that time... We will mix it up because there is still nothing like being on the sidecar with a tent. Have a great Hilleberg tent, up easy, 4 seasons, but this summer specially at The Glacier we got beatup heavily by Nature!!! Sometimes she strikes with a strong arm...<br>Bummer this year here, as I call it "Base Camp", no FIRES at all... not even a gas grill!!! Might get one of those "Stovetech". Love the concept... <br>You are all welcome here of near by, much room... solar and water (which is gold here!!!). Quiet... serene... <br>OK, what is the Swiss Box? I think I have seen a video... folding apparatus?<br>On to town (Terlingua, 35 miles) to get propane... they are now only open 9am till noon!!!<br>Be well... Ara &amp; Spirit<br><A href="http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com" target=_blank>www.theoasisofmysoul.com</A><br><br>Today is my <A href="http://theoasisofmysoul.com/" target=_blank>Boy's Birthday</A>... give your kids an extra hug from me... they always deserve it, and so do you. <br>

I am generally a month behind on anything of that sort... but next year I will get a head start!!! On to Slab City... never been there... Trying to get there by March!... we are slow... sometimes backwards... Thanks for writing!<br>Ara and Spirit<br><br>

<P>beemerchef, I visited your blog and I just have to say, you take the most amazing photos! </P>

Thank You... Patience ( no photoshop!) and a good lens... <br>Ara and Spirit<br><br>

<a target="_blank" href="http://theoasisofmysoul.com/?p=16606">There are a few here at the end of the page</a>. We are taking off for Death Valley in a few days a will post some more...<br>I really like it! Has been a convenience specially when the day is getting late, not having to look for a space to pitch a tent for the night.<br>Ara and Spirit<br><br>

Thanks.<br><br>I actually thought that you cut the roof with this install to have standing room. I went on YouTube to see that it's an add-on to the roof and you sleep on it. <br><br>

<span style="font-family: Georgia; color: rgb(102, 0, 0);">Excellent photography. Awesome little Ecamper! &nbsp;Can't wait to try the one pan recipes too.</span><div><span style="font-family: Georgia; color: rgb(102, 0, 0);"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Georgia; color: rgb(102, 0, 0);">I am sorry for your loss.</span></div><div><span style="font-family: Georgia; color: rgb(102, 0, 0);"><br></span></div><div><span style="color: rgb(102, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia;">~SE</span></div>

ShekeEchad "Thank You".<br><br>I think that is what I like about it. It is just a bad "upstairs". No need to move anything when ready to sleep. The ones that do not have a sun roof, there is more model I think, he has to cut it.<br>He is now also making it for the Jeep 4 door since that car itself is a convertible. The plus is that he can ship it as it is removable. With the eCamper one has to go to San Diego to have it installed. A couple days...<br>The car also went to CCM to be raised 3" 's which helped a lot off road (nothing major!). I wanted to the guy that designed the lift (only one in the country) to install it himself...<br>Be well... Ara and Spirit<br><br>

I wonder if you had a sunroof, you can get in and out through this hole...so not needing to exit the car.<br>&nbsp;<br>I guess this is more for true camping and/or adventure type outings rather than city, stealth camping/vandwelling.<br><br>

Well, you could exit the car through the screens which unzipper. A Friend that has one does that with a retractable ladder. I have not tried it and prefer not to! It is very obvious that someone is sleeping up there... if you are not suppose to be parked somewhere to spend the night.<br><br>Ara and Spirit<br><br>

Yes, the sidecar is cooler... and it hurts to have the car at times. But, in bad weather or for overnight, not having to look where to lay a tent and so on... As everything else, it is a compromise... (I have become softer!!!)<br><br>