Hindrance or a Benefit to Vandwelling

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad to hear of others doing their own doctoring.&nbsp; Theres quite a scar on my wrist where sutures would have been best but with guidance from me, I had my teenage daughter clean the profusely bleeding wound and put steri strips on it to keep the edges together (bandage tape will work too).&nbsp; I thought she'd pass out from all the blood but she did very well.&nbsp; The scar is huge but being a nurse, I'm always washing my hands and couldn't keep the tape from coming off.&nbsp; I also had to cut away thick scarring with a scalpel so the wrist could continue to bend...that hurt a bit, but that area has a narrower scar than the area that didn't recar excising tissue.&nbsp; My daughter is 23 now and wants NOTHING to do with nursing!<br />There are no tractor stores here in Alaska.&nbsp; That is one thing I miss.&nbsp; I use to get everything from Farm n Fleet and its competition, Fleet n Farm.&nbsp;&nbsp; I am very appreciative of the info you gave Aunt Meg.<br />Rae

alas, i am without any health insurance. too young to qualify, too old too as all babies are grow'd up. there is a free clinic i can go to once a week if needed. but its a 5 hour night there. so i don't go often. <br />jeffers pet supply online has good stuff very reasonably too.

That makes me sad that you may have to give up your dog. I'm sorry. <br /><br />I have a little dog too and she is 10. I have had her since a pup as well. She will go with me or I won't go... Hoping that is&nbsp; practical, as I have to go. I also have a cat. Not sure about being able to keep her. It depends on how things work out and where I actually do get to live. If it's in my car then it won't work. I love her but that would be most unfair for us all. I am praying that God will see fit to allow me this luxury of my best friends staying with me. I have about a month to get things together before I leave my home. So, as I say: we shall see what we shall see... Be well and good luck!

Back in the olden days...or in the early 70's, I lived in Eugene, OR and one of the local vets gave a free-school class on animal first aid. We took it and did everything for our two dogs then except Rabies shots and they were regulated and you needed to be a vet to buy the vaccine in those days.<br /><br />In those days there was a huge barter movement going on and as a silversmith we were able to trade for absolutely everything including dental care and medical care...prenatal primarily...as well as the midwife who helped us birth our sons at home. Damn, we thought we were going to save the world...but the ball got dropped apparently...I don't know what happened , we went to Alaska...<br /><br />Maybe there is a vet in your area(s) that would give a nite school class at your local community college????<br /><br />Bri

oh that poor dog!! am I the only one who sees it,s been tortured for years?!!!!!where,s that woman,s vet?!!! why hasn,t anyone said something to her? she doesn,t deserve to keep any kind of animal!! think what she,d do to a cat?!!! even humans rn,t suppose to wash their hair but twice a week!!