Hi! Newbie here!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagMary

Reaction score
I’ve been following the YouTube videos for awhile now and I’m now planning to make my move in 22 months. Going debt free this month and building my emergency fund. In the meantime, there is lots to learn here. I’m so grateful that you all have supplied information and tips on how to get started!
~Magical Mary

Welcome MagMary to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hello mag Mary,
Sure sounds like you got your head together on this getting out of debt and build an emergency fund is the best way to go I got the first one done but the emergency fund Got emptied with a $600 set a tires and a few other things. So I have no balance but that’s better than a upside down balance. Got word that my solar panels were delivered today so it won’t be long till I am on the road to Kentucky. Where are you at.

MagMary said:
Going debt free this month
Yea, good for you Mary, being out of debt is definitely Magical. I got there 2 months ago, and have a bit of extra loot building up in my accounts now. It feels great. And welcome to the forum, :).

Welcome to the CRVL Forum  :)

Can't go wrong making a list each evening with a few things to accomplish on it for the next day.   Doesn't have to
be a lot and some things can be longer term and others short term.   As you get things done, once you've finished your list you can kick back and
relax and let the worries melt away.   When that's done you can turn your focus on the things you would like to do for  YOU.  

Below are a couple of links that may help you with some of that.

All the best !

Qxxx said:
Yea, good for you Mary, being out of debt is definitely Magical. I got there 2 months ago, and have a bit of extra loot building up in my accounts now. It feels great. And welcome to the forum, :).
Yes Qxxx, it sure does! I was just talking to my brother who said I should wait and buy the vehicle up in Idaho when I get there as everything is much less expensive than here in California. So, I'm just going to be socking it away! :)

eDJ_ said:
Welcome to the CRVL Forum  :)

Can't go wrong making a list each evening with a few things to accomplish on it for the next day.   Doesn't have to
be a lot and some things can be longer term and others short term.   As you get things done, once you've finished your list you can kick back and
relax and let the worries melt away.   When that's done you can turn your focus on the things you would like to do for  YOU.  

Below are a couple of links that may help you with some of that.

All the best !
Thanks for the links, eDJ! Lots of things to learn around here. Since making the decision finally, I feel so much more relaxed and happy!

MagMary said:
Yes Qxxx, it sure does! I was just talking to my brother who said I should wait and buy the vehicle up in Idaho when I get there as everything is much less expensive than here in California. So, I'm just going to be socking it away! :)
You didn't mention what you're looking for, but for regular vans and trucks, ie not RVs, cargurus.com is a good place to shop, and you can compare what's available and prices between San Jose and Boise. All in all, you'll have more choices in a larger urban area, although Boise is getting quite large now. The downside is, if you move to ID right after buying the vehicle in CA, you'll have a PITN in regards registration and sales taxes. But you can shop both areas on cargurus in the meantime just to see what's available.

Latest posts