Hi From Colorado

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormy

Reaction score
Hello everyone! 

Another lurker here and for the past 2 years or so have been wanting to join in all the fun and attend an RTR event! Well finally the year has come and I am finally going full time as soon as it cool off a bit! My user name is a "road name" given to me long ago for not only preferring cooler weather but also having a nack for always bringing the Stormy weather with me. I joined here looking to get to know and meet up with other like minded individuals.

Welcome Stormy to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Thank you for the reply highdesertranger! Currently reading over the "tips and tricks" and learning the forum layout as I type.

Thanks for the warm welcome rvpopeye!

So how does one get into [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]"You Ain't Right" club? [/font]
tongue.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I think I would fit into that club very nicely. :D [/font]

Welcome to the forum! With the storms we have been having you would think you were up here with us now.

jimindenver said:
Welcome to the forum! With the storms we have been having you would think you were up here with us now.

Thank you Jimiindenver

In spirit only as far as being there at the moment i'm afriad but yeah the lost park Jefferson area (almost bought a cabin up there once) is one of my favs for sure just because of the weather and storms that can rip through there are intense for sure! 

Funny people don't believe me when I tell them we can have tornados or "funnel clouds" as high up as 10K ft in elevation here.

6a0148c78b79ee970c01a3fd1a32fb970b-pi

tx2sturgis said:
LOL!!

I get it....

;)

Yeah I think John Denver wrote a song about it because he knew it would make make it happen. 

Rocky Mountain High Colorado!  

BTW Used to live up in Leadville for a spell too and Leadville happens to be the highest encorperated city in the nation, Literally! :p

Stormy said:
Yeah I think John Denver wrote a song about it....

No no no....he denied that. :p

He was singing about being up in elevation in the pines and watching a meteor shower...

Or...well he DID say that, in front of Congress, in 1985.

Yeah right....

:cool:

Welcome, Stormy. Loves me some weather too, spend much of my time looking up at the sky. One of my fave things about having a place close to the beach, the weather gets wile and everyone leaves, I sit and watch the storms roll in.

tx2sturgis said:
No no no....he denied that. :p

He was singing about being up in elevation in the pines and watching a meteor shower...

Or...well he DID say that, in front of Congress, in 1985.

Yeah right....

:cool:

"Sittin 'round the campfire, and everybody's High....Rocky Mountain High".

I remember people being surprised when that album came out, because even back then, John had a squeaky clean rep. 

And , oh btw, White Rabbit was about Alice in Wonderland.... "one pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small, and the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all'.... heheheheh  yeah... nothing to do with Acid AT ALL.

Stormy said:
In spirit only as far as being there at the moment i'm afriad but yeah the lost park Jefferson area (almost bought a cabin up there once) is one of my favs for sure just because of the weather and storms that can rip through there are intense for sure! 

Funny people don't believe me when I tell them we can have tornados or "funnel clouds" as high up as 10K ft in elevation here.

Spectacular photo.  Back in the days when I was trying to be a professional landscape photographer , I used to just drive around the backcountry looking for scenes like that.  I have one that looks like a mushroom cloud! And had a double rainbow.  I slammed on my brakes, pulled off the road, setup my tripod, took the shot, and it was gone!  

Good job, keep it up!!!!  And welcome, Stormy!

Pat

Gideon33w said:
Welcome. What are you rolling with for a vehicle?

Thanks for all of the kind replies and it is a Coachmen Leprechaun 220qb I think is the number on it.

And clouds, rainbows, white rabbits, pills, Allice and wonderland are all giving me flashbacks of my misguided youth this early in the morning before my coffee! :p

Misguided youth makes for the best campfire stories.

Stormy
In response to your questions you have a PM .