Hi all

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,
Have a condo to clear out and sell. What to do with antiques? Mom's and Grandma's?  Need to figure out a date to pull the plug!  Trying not to panic when I think about how this is all going to work out.  Won't have funds for a conversion vehicle, until condo sells, leaning toward a conversion van, want good mileage.  Getting it fitted out blows my mind.  So many great examples on this site.  I want it all!  Money is scary for me, will I have enough?  Widow/ retired nurse with a V.A. pension & sm. savings yearly  annuity ck..  Will clear up debt/condo sale.  Will need help to convert van.  2 kids, 5 grands, 5 great grands, some here in Chicago area,one in Minneapolis, one in Nashville, some in Texas  Daughter worried, son open, grands don't know yet.  Presently tent camp with friend.  Van will be a step up.  For my age, as my mom used to say: For the shape I'm in I'm in pretty good shape.  Managing health on the road?  Looking forward to meeting new friends.  Worse part of aging is losing your friends to death.  Want to live fully alive!  Want to see more of God's beautiful creation.  
rainbow.gif

Blessings Abundantly
Kathryn Schuett

The Antiques were a issue. We had a shop for many years and closed just before my husband died but kept the most valuable pieces for 'just in case".... So I knew the value but like the old saying "it's not how much an item is worth; it's how much someone is willing to pay". I needed the money and took what I could get. And the truth is, I don't miss a thing! What I own now fits in my SUV. I love tent camping and when that gets too old, (or I do) I'll try the next thing. Freedom! Best Wishes. Lathren James

Welcome Kate to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome, Kathryn! I hope the future sees you realizing your dreams and de-stressing!

A friend of mine who's an antique dealer introduced me to auction houses. An auction is a great way to accomplish a number of goals in the shortest time frame:

1) they come and appraise your stuff
2) they come and take it away
3) THEY SEND YOU A CHECK!!!

Pretty simple. Stuff goes away and is replaced by much-needed cash!

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk