Hi All, In LA area.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lalizzie

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm not currently Vandwelling, but have been reminiscing lately. I was a part of the vandwellers yahoo group years ago and dwelled in an old Tradesman for about half a year to get out of debt.  I learned a lot.

Today I have a Prius. I'm seeing online that lots of folks are PriusDwelling, so I'm getting up to speed on what folks are up to.

Welcome to the CRVL Forums   :) 

You're right,  there are plenty of Prius people around here. 

Myself,  I'd love to see a Prius retaining the front and using the back end of a Scion xb.
It would be more livable and with it's gas mileage you could travel and camp in it.   I could
see a lot of kids right out of School going out job hunting in one of those and living in it
to keep cost down and meet student loan payments.

Hi Lalizzie and welcome. Lots of good info here, hope you find what you're looking for.

Welcome Lalizzie to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome aboard and ask all the questions you like as your planning progresses !

Welcome to the forum Lalizzie!

If a Prius had good ground clearance, I'd never get a different vehicle for "vandwelling." As it is, I've taken my Prius on some rocky, rutted back roads where no Prius should go ... Just because I love getting out in nature. I personally find my Prius big enough. I know others would find it too small. You've just got to decide for yourself how much space you need.

At 225K+ miles, my '04 Prius has been remarkably trouble free. Recent diagnostics show that all of my high-voltage batteries are in good condition. However, since January, some small non-critical problems have started happening. I figure that it's only a matter of time and more washboard roads that something serious breaks that grounds me. So, I'm starting to consider a replacement vehicle with much higher ground clearance.

I'd suggest that you take some test runs in your Prius to see if it's a good fit for you. It's a good life out here!

Enjoy the planning process!

Suanne