here's the pictures hi-top conversion van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchie

Reaction score
Hi all,

After several month of teasing, here's at last, the pictures of my project done (outside only... inside will come in a second post.)

hope this may help anyone !

Attachments

• campeur-apres 046.JPG
    campeur-apres 046.JPG
    736.5 KB
  • campeur-apres 011.JPG
    campeur-apres 011.JPG
    673.1 KB
  • campeur-apres 007.JPG
    campeur-apres 007.JPG
    585.7 KB
  • campeur-apres 009.JPG
    campeur-apres 009.JPG
    702.7 KB
Now, here's the inside pics...

Attachments

• campeur-apres 049.JPG
    campeur-apres 049.JPG
    447.8 KB
  • campeur-apres 047.JPG
    campeur-apres 047.JPG
    485.2 KB
  • campeur-apres 001.JPG
    campeur-apres 001.JPG
    638.4 KB
  • campeur-apres 002.JPG
    campeur-apres 002.JPG
    535.4 KB
  • campeur-apres 008.JPG
    campeur-apres 008.JPG
    605.2 KB
Now, on the following, we can see my aux. battery, underneath the van, the electrical junction box, and the underneath the sink (water tanks)

Attachments

• campeur-apres 012.JPG
    campeur-apres 012.JPG
    540.4 KB
  • campeur-apres 010.JPG
    campeur-apres 010.JPG
    654 KB
  • campeur-apres 004.JPG
    campeur-apres 004.JPG
    433.5 KB
  • campeur-apres 003.JPG
    campeur-apres 003.JPG
    382.4 KB
frenchie said:

Wow! Pretty, pretty, pretty!  Love how you used both sides of  the dresser.

looks really good, the only thing I would question is that battery box, kinda hangs real low. I am assuming no off highway for this rig. highdesertranger

Looking real good. I think you made great use of the space and the bead board cabinets are a clean modern comfortable look. Also like your plumbing set up for the sink, very simple and efficient. Might steal the idea for my upcoming trailer build.

Frenchie 
I love to hear the words   "project done"
Nice work and good looking ride

thanks for the positive comments to all. like I said earlier, if this may inspire anyone, I'd be happy. To reply to highdesert.... the battery box is higher than the differential, and some other parts, so I figured it out, it would be ok. But yes, I don't expect too much off road rides, and stay on paved roads.

I like it, HDR has a valid point but he is a prospector and that big nugget is just around the bend . Just goes to show what a diverse group we belong to.

good to know. I tend to look at everything as a dirt road, it's a habit. again nice work. highdesertranger

Very nice indeed. I, like HDR, tend to take the rougher roads. I figure paved roads are a perfect example of wasteful government spending - just kidding. If you do stick to paved roads and the occasional careful pull in to a boondock you should be fine. But if you decide later on that you want to get back of beyond a little more often I would suggest not having anything lower than your frame rather than your differential. I was once traveling with someone in Baja who was in a 4x4 Sportsmobile. At least at that time they were mounting their house battery in a similar spot, but probably a little higher up even. She managed to bust open the battery that was encased in a steel frame when she ran over a large rock. She used proper technic by placing her tires on the rock, but as she came down off the rock with the front tire she landed the battery on the rock.

frenchie said:

LOVE, love what you've done!  Such a clever use of space.  May I ask if the bead board cabinet was ready made or did you build it and drop in the sink?  And question #2:  did you pull out the rear seat/bed and build your own so you'd have room for the dresser?

Great job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had one of those green water tanks in my storage unit unused for a while. At lkeast it appears to be the same one.  not 100% sure, but the little white leaky push on valve rung a bell.

When i decided to reemploy it, it was kind of buried with only handle visible under some clothes.

The handle ripped off  and crushed in my grip like it was made from nacho chips and I was the hulk. 

It was empty and never carried anything but water.

Fabulous! I have to agree that using the dresser as a divider in that spot is ingenious. You must have clearance built in for the door to open. How handy from the bed! Extremely nice job.

Looks great!!!

I have an '03 Dodge conversion Van that I'll be making similar modifications to.

Curious, with that storage "garage" at the rear and with the bed being side to side..... how big is the bed?

Good work! Neat, nicely done with attention to detail! Much praise!!

Dave

mothercoder said:
LOVE, love what you've done!  Such a clever use of space.  May I ask if the bead board cabinet was ready made or did you build it and drop in the sink?  And question #2:  did you pull out the rear seat/bed and build your own so you'd have room for the dresser?

Hello  mothercoder,

Sorry for the late reply to your questions on my post regarding my camper van (with the dresser at the rear)
here's my replies to your questions:

#1 bead board cabinet have been completely made by myself. As for the sink, in fact, this is a simple salad bowl kinda, that I bought, then made a hole in the counter, also made a hole in botom of the bowl, and instaled a sink drain plug, that it !

#2 No I did not removed the rear seat\bed to installed the dresser, we (I say ''we'' because we were 4 guys) to enter the dresser from the rear doors. it was a tight fit, let me tell you ! BTW the dresser was bought on sale in a furniture store, which I took the mesurements, to make sure it would fit inside the van.

hope it's not too late in case you want to do the same.

again I appology for not responding sooner.

Richard from Quebec, Canada