Here's a nifty rig I saw...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"...all told he thinks he has put $85,000 into them over the years! I'm not sure how that's possible..."

You've never worked for a railroad, have you?

My rail crews educated me on how RRs "save money": They get a Jeep, and the utility (RR) crews drive them just like teenagers, catching air going over the tracks, etc. Until it bursts into flames, the RR won't replace it, they just keep sending it out for repairs. Thousand$ and thousand$ in repairs. Finally, someone asks the Decision Maker why they don't just get a new vehicle. The DM explains that they don't have much money in the BUY drawer, but they have a lot of money in the REPAIR drawer, so it's easier to spend $147,000 on an old decrepit vehicle than it is to shift money from the REPAIR drawer over to the BUY drawer, and not have to use the REPAIR drawer for a while.

One engineer said this is called Top Notch Railroad Business Sense (TNRRBS).

TrainChaser said:
"...all told he thinks he has put $85,000 into them over the years! I'm not sure how that's possible..."

You've never worked for a railroad, have you?

My rail crews educated me on how RRs "save money":  They get a Jeep, and the utility (RR) crews drive them just like teenagers, catching air going over the tracks, etc.  Until it bursts into flames, the RR won't replace it, they just keep sending it out for repairs.  Thousand$ and thousand$ in repairs.  Finally, someone asks the Decision Maker why they don't just get a new vehicle.  The DM explains that they don't have much money in the BUY drawer, but they have a lot of money in the REPAIR drawer, so it's easier to spend $147,000 on an old decrepit vehicle than it is to shift money from the REPAIR drawer over to the BUY drawer, and not have to use the REPAIR drawer for a while.

One engineer said this is called Top Notch Railroad Business Sense (TNRRBS).

Ha, sounds like my Provincial Gov. works! :rolleyes: Good thing the 'federalies' are a bit smarter...

I used to cashier at a gas station. My first fantasies of vandwelling involved imaginary remodelling of those shuttlevans that came by. I would remove the wheelchair lift, cover the doors with cafe curtains, and a little flip-out balcony with an awning, railing, bistro table and a comfy chair.
That size van seems wide and spacious enough to be very comfortable.
Vesper

WOW! That's quite the rig. It has character. :)
WriterMs said:
pics I had to post for SaltySeaWitch

From Cruisers Forum?