hello

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonwolf65

Reaction score
hello,  I just found cheaprvliving.com ,  been searching the web for like minded people for months, I have paid myself out of dept,  purchased a 16 ft camper to pull behind my Toyota truck and I am set to take off in a few weeks.  I want to feel free before I die, I have some cash left, a book of free campsites all across the country, food, etc.  I have researched some jobs for rv'ers as I know I will have to make some money along my way to not deplete what little savings I have.  I have added my email to your site, and made a note of your rendezvous for jan.   I am in Virginia right now, but wish to head west and live along the road.  The reason for this email is to see if you can give me any good locations by state along my way?  any places were I might meet up with like minded people to talk with and learn from and maybe even travel along with, as I am new and face to face friendship building and knowledge I know will be must more rewarding than anything I can try to learn on this darn computer  i am pullind out of here fri 22nd and going to visit my mother in wv before i head out.  i am 51 yrs old and finally decided to live a little .   I would appreciate any info or knowledge you may wish to share and would love to connect with others as i travel..  please note if you email me i will respond, but my email will be speratic with wifi access after i pull out so i will check emails and respond as i can.. i have a cell phone i can give you my number once i see if i actually get a response to this, and i know everything is on the up and up... I can read people really well face to face, but your never sure who you're dealing with on the net till you can look them in the eye... i sincerely hope this is all legit and really hope to meet up with you and others who feel the same...i'm deciding on my route wish to see SD IA WY MT ID CO AZ NM TX to start
thank you,
Doug M.   [email protected]

Welcome to the CRVL forums moonwolf65! If at all possible, I'd suggest you attend next January's Rubber Tramp Rendezvous (RTR). Many of the forum members attend. Here is a link to tell you more about it. http://www.cheaprvliving.com/gatherings/

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

What's up moonwolf -- This time of year I would hit CO then head up through WY and ID out to the PNW. Just my opinion. Take it from there. Godspeed.

Peace,

Matt

freecampsites.net just added a trip planner. choose your route and the website will find you free camping enroute

I just traveled from the southwest to MA and used it the whole way. Generally, I plan day by day and this time I had to use the intersatates quite a bit, so I was hopping off and on always heading north and west. it was great!!!

https://freecampsites.net/#!&query=TripPlanner

Welcome aboard Doug!
No scammers here :angel: , the free campsites trip planner is awesome , you gotta check it out !
As you read more of the site , you'll start to feel more a part of the tribe.......

We LOVE pics, lets see your rig ! :cool:

Hi and welcome to the site Moonwolf!

I can also vouch for the trip planner there. I used it this spring to get from Oklahoma all the way to western MI. By telling it no interstates and toll roads, I found a route that was all back highways and never had to go more than 10 miles off the route to find neat campsites that were free. I only had one night that I ended up at a W/M because of when I wanted to stop for the night.

I'll use the trip planner this fall to do my sightseeing on my way west.

Well as far as I am concerned this site is legit been here for a few years, and would warn you off if it were any different. Check it out yerself

cyndi said:
freecampsites.net just added a trip planner. choose your route and the website will find you free camping enroute

I just traveled from the southwest to MA and used it the whole way. Generally, I plan day by day and this time I had to use the intersatates quite a bit, so I was hopping off and on always heading north and west. it was great!!!

https://freecampsites.net/#!&query=TripPlanner

thanks Cyndi,  I added the site to my favorites,  I have freecampgrounds.com and I purchased the book Free and low-cost campgrounds  by don wright because I feel i'll have times I won't have access to wifi unless I go into towns and all the places that offer free wifi you have to get the access code from them to connect, so I feel i'll be traveling blind so to speak (without net access) most off the time.  The site will help me coordinate with the book for best routes when I do have wifi access so thanks so much.  Doug

rvpopeye said:
Welcome aboard Doug!
No scammers here  :angel: , the free campsites trip planner is awesome , you gotta check it out !
As you read more of the site , you'll start to feel more a part of the tribe.......

We LOVE pics, lets see your rig ! :cool:

Thanks for info, as for pics i'm very low tech (still trying to figure out exactly how to navigate this site)  my phone is a flip phone and I don't text :)  I've seen people with this new fangled thing called a smart phone :huh: lol  so as soon as I get together with someone who knows how to take a pic and post it i'll be all over that..it does seem I found a great bunch of people here and I hope to meet up with as many as I can as I set off west.

Do you have a computer?
That's what I'm using to post pictures that I uploaded from my camera.
I'm sure some of us can guide you through whatever you need to do.
(like possible transfer pics from your phone to computer...)

In addition to the websites mentioned above, Campendium.com is a good (and relatively new) one to know about and have in your quiver for finding places to stay.