Hello!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheapGeek

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
I've been lurking off and on here for at least a year.
Lots of great ideas and inspiration. 
I've really enjoyed the amount of information that can be found here.
An invaluable resource for sure!
So I thought I would introduce myself.
I'm  Greg or CheapGeek, recently moved to New Mexico from Virginia.
I've been working towards freedom for a while now and it won't be long before we're travelling nearly full time.

We- my wife  Omi and I, made a simple Camper Van we call the Great White Buffalo. 
It's a 2002 Dodge 3500 Ram Van, 5.9 L V8 Extended with a High Top. 
It used to be a senior assisted living van. 
It would ferry older people to doctors appt's. and outing in Virginia.
We decided to set it and us free. :)
We made simple modifications to it and have been using it
for weekend adventures and have seen some amazing scenery in New Mexico.
2014-12-27%2B10.32.54.jpg

11355804_1485747468386543_1100282990_n.jpg

We're looking forward to our goal of more full time travel, living and exploring the USA.
I've been all over the world when I was in the US Navy and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of America!
We've been working towards this goal for a couple of years now. 
Very close.. ::)
Thanks very much!

Welcome. Nice looking van. From Virginia to New Mexico? Now, that has to be a real change of scenery. I left MI years ago and have really missed the "green" and the lakes and even the snow as we moved around. We lived in AZ for 6 years, the desert. So many places to experience and so little time to do it so hope you'll have more time to explore real soon!

Welcome in out of the shadows Cheap Geek Greg (CGG?) looks like you and the Buffalo van are well into your first great adventure !
Keep us posted on the trip and I'll be the first to ask how about some pictures of the inside ? We love pictures ,yup yup ! Hey throw some in of the outside world as you pass by too........

And if you do need to know about something , just ask !

Welcome to the CRVL forums CheapGeek! So many beautiful places to explore in New Mexico. Enjoy the journey on your way to Freedom!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hello from snowy Michigan CheapGeek. Welcome to the forums. That is a mighty fine looking rig. Enjoy your travels.

Hello and Welcome   :) 

I think Dodge has made some of the Largest Vans on the road but that is by far the largest one I've seen.

welcome; That's a very nice looking Van, Glad your in warmer weather it was 19 here this morning (Appomattox, Va. thanks for your Naval service, Have a great Time Traveling.
sparky1.

Latest posts