Hello Nomads!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all!

I had hoped to be on the road by now but I'm having a difficult time finishing my build (suv), downsizing my belongings, and getting my disabled adult daughter financially stable and healthy enough for me to be able to leave. I'm in New York and am feeling really frustrated and trapped.

Our plan was for me to move out so she could get a roommate. She's in college and it seemed like a good idea but the apartment isn't cleared out yet. I have torn ligaments in my back and I find that I can only do heavy work for about an hour or two a day before I have to get onto my traction devices to stretch it out.

I wondered if anyone is near the tri-state area still who can help me get the back seats out and set up my rig? I could drive it to where you are if that would be easier. 

And, it would be great to caravan out to the wrtr & rtr too if I can get the rig set up in time.

I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you!

Well, Howdy LettingItRollAway,

Welcome to the CRVL forums! The best way to learn the ins and outs of these forums check out the above "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post, which lists some helpful information to get you started.
We look forward to hearing more from you.

I have a special needs/autistic daughter too, but she is 16-years old and travels with me. I know what it's like to be a caregiver. I also have health problems, COPD, and limited in how much I can do at one time. I just do it as and how I can. If I can be of help, please feel free to call on me. I'm in Houston, Texas, rigging out, and hope to be on the road heading West to visit NM, Arizona, Nevada, and Utah by spring. I haven't decided where I'll winter yet, but when the time comes, I'm sure I'll find myself in a sweet spot, anywhere with a view and good friends will work.

Thanks Cajunwolf! I really appreciate your reply. Just knowing I'm not the only one juggling all this makes a big difference. If I do get out of here, I'll let you know if I'll be swinging by your area on my way west. We took a trip all across the country a couple of years ago and I think it sparked my itchy feet! We drove on I-10 all through Texas in January.

Come on down, keep me posted, I might be ready, and we can travel together, it's often better in numbers. Besides, between the two of us, we can maybe get the hard stuff done.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Best wishes and welcome! I think there is some right of passage thing that says you have to struggle at first, so you appreciate it later. Hope to see you on the road!

I'm a firm believer in that one too. When one is down and has to work hard to climb back up the ladder, you learn and never forget. On the other hand, when everything goes smooth, one gets complacent, ignoring the simple but essential things. This is the nature of human nature.

Latest posts