Hello Nomads and Vandwellers!!!!!!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bednarjd

Reaction score
Hello nomads and vandwellers!

My name is Jared. I'm about to be living fulltime in my 2012 Jeep Patriot with my two cats, Oa and Shadow, and we are excited for this new journey.

I had thought, why not do what i always wanted to do. I was so lost for years just faking it until i eventually forgotten who i was, and i was tired of being completely fake. And when covid struck with its iron fist, i knew it was a sign for me to start making a change.

I am 31 years old, this past august, and for the first time in a very long time, i am actually excited to see the sun rise the next day. Mid-February, I decided that i had enough of this acquired depression that i had fallen into from my toxic breakup, and when i lost my job because of that depression, that was when i had my inner wake-up call.

Six months later, falling behind on rent and owing back rent, I found myself being evicted, and now I have even more drive than ever to prove to myself and to the world that i am not a loser. Some i know won't be able to understand, and you know what...for a long time, i truly cared about that...but now....I've grown in ways that have made me stronger and i am proud of the way my life had happened because if it had not, i won't not be here, opening up to i hope what would be a great community of support for this life that most won't ever truly understand.

I have two black short haired domestic cats that will be joining me on this amazing continental adventure, and with the twins - Oa and Shadow - almost turning one year this month, it's a glorious month to start planning my diy custom build.

I hope that joining this community will help me with their experience and tips and tricks when it comes to converting an SUV into a camper conversion.

Welcome bednarjd to the community and to the forum. It’s great to take the positive attitude that you’re taking. There’s a lot of negatives in this present world that could overpower us if we let them. Sounds like you’re not gonna let them. Neither am I. Let us know how your build is going I hope you’ve been watching Bob‘s videos he has quite a library of them covering every subject you need. I don’t remember reading where you were from and where your plan to go but I am hoping that everything goes well for you. You’ll find a lot of varying opinions on here your job will be to sort through them and see what’s best for you and your puddy cats. God bless the nomads every one.

Your story is not that much different than others here. You will fit right in.

Welcome bednarjd to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the CRVL Forum   :)

At 30 you are now entering the middle age of youth.   Climbing out of the Testosterone fog teen boys and younger men have to shed to get their eyes open to living for themselves and finding what will be right for them.  It sounds like you have arrived now and are putting the "should do's" and "ought to do's"  that we learn growing up (that are so often a young guy's downfall)  behind you.  It's a great time of opportunity for a young single guy as you are now at an age where you will begin to be taken seriously. 

In Mark Twain's last years he made the observation that men of the Industrial Revolution with it's seniority system etc no longer had a chance to step back and get a new perspective on life.  As he himself had had the chance to do
and realize the gains to be found in it. 

Good luck and all the best in finding yourself in this new life.   :thumbsup:

Depression can be a sneaky demon. I’ve been there done that and it scared the crap outta me! I’ve been a first responder for a number of years now and have seen plenty of situations that didn’t end well. You my friend are on an amazing journey. Stay positive, it won’t all be roses. Your positive attitude will get you through.

We are fortunate in this era if we still have a vehicle that our mode of transportation can double as our shelter.

Keeping your spirits up  while you figure out a new source of income is critical.

Good luck to you! I've been through some bouts of depression during my life, and it's a stinker. I'm glad you're not just hanging in there, but you're looking forward to what you'll find down the road. As the guy said above, it won't be all roses, but your positive attitude will get you through. Wise words! Best wishes to you and the furkids.