Hello new VanLiving Forum Member

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the welcomes. Bought a Ryobi misting fan today to hopefully help with the summer heat as we plan to visit a few Arizona and Nevada places this summer. We looked at portable AC units but so many folks complain they have trouble keeping up with the heat unless you buy a dual tube portable ac unit. Thought about a evaporative cooler but they just take up so much room. We like the higher elevations so we are hoping the misting fan will get us through until we arrive where its cooler. The Ryobi sits on top of a standard 5 gal. bucket filled with water.

Attachments

• huge_3824394c-817b-4e68-805d-67223fe4b322.jpeg
    huge_3824394c-817b-4e68-805d-67223fe4b322.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 3
I spent last summer in the high elevations of Arizona and only had a couple of uncomfortable days.I do not have AC or a rooftop fan. But I do have openings up top in my popup section. Shade cloth is your best friend as is camping where you have shade from trees to sit in.

Remember it is only at the hottest daily temperature for a few hours of the day. mid summer is monsoon season, a misting fan just increases the humidity and it will already be humid. A larger, rechargeable O2 Cool fan will serve you better than a small misting fan. Maybe northern Nevada will be dry but Northern Arizona gets lots of daily thunderstorms during monsoon season.

Last edited:
I spent last summer in the high elevations of Arizona and only had a couple of uncomfortable days.I do not have AC or a rooftop fan. But I do have openings up top in my popup section. Shade cloth is your best friend as is camping where you have shade from trees to sit in.

Remember it is only at the hottest daily temperature for a few hours of the day. mid summer is monsoon season, a misting fan just increases the humidity and it will already be humid. A larger, rechargeable O2 Cool fan will serve you better than a small misting fan. Maybe northern Nevada will be dry but Northern Arizona gets lots of daily thunderstorms during monsoon season.
I will definitely check out the O3 Cool Fan. Thank you for the info.

So I am a bit confused. I checked out the O2 Cool fans and I might be wrong, but they look like very inexpensive marginal fans. ( o2cool.com ) Almost toy like. Our Ryobi Fan puts out a very large amount of air and mist. I get if humidiy is high but where we often travel it is dry. Our former neighbor who now lives in Az. informed us it is very dry and hot. (San Tan Valley) We tested the Ryobi with the five gallon bucket and just a couple gallons of water this week. The temp was 95 at our house and we both had to move away from the fan after a while as the moisture and fan had really cooled us. Maybe post a link of the larger O2 Cool you are talking about. Maybe I am looking at the wrong website or Amazon fans.