Hello (: New here.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

transient

Reaction score
Hello~ I'm pretty terrible at introductions but I'll give it a go :)

I'm 19 and I am currently in BC Canada, living with my family and saving up enough money to buy a used camper van!! Quite excited about this, I hope to hit the road in the fall of this year and head south! I'll be traveling solo for the first time ever, of course my mama's a bit nervous for me (understandable, I am a tiny girl leaving home for the first-ish time!). But I'm pumped all the same. Been doing lots of research and watching lots of videos, I hope to connect with more people on here too! I don't know anyone who's doing this at all so this'll be interesting. Most excited to meet new people and disconnect a bit, focus on myself. Small town life gets sorta tired and hazy, hoping to escape into the woods and the warm desert air.

I am a dwarf, born & raised in small town BC with a family of 5 (parents & two younger brothers). I write, attempt to play the ukulele, and I pet my cats a lot and will miss them terribly when I go. My grandparents snowbird in Phoenix, and I dare say I don't see any point at all to waiting till I'm 60 to do the same. And during the summers I'll whisper around the northern parts of my country, hopefully avoiding outright heatstroke. The only long-term goal I have is to hopefully publish a book or two sometime.

Glad to be here <3

Transient:
It is somehow exciting to me when I see a younger person who has the sense of adventure, has set some goals, and dares to worry mama a bit! :)
Welcome!
I am still a dreamer, but believe you have come to the right place.

Snowbunny

Welcome Transient! Sounds like a great plan...and being short will certainly have some very real advantages when it comes to choosing and living out of a vehicle. While planning my build, I have definitely had the thought "I wish I was shorter instead of tall and kinda fat"... :)

transient said:
Hello~ I'm pretty terrible at introductions but I'll give it a go :)

I'm 19 and I am currently in BC Canada, living with my family and saving up enough money to buy a used camper van!! Quite excited about this, I hope to hit the road in the fall of this year and head south! I'll be traveling solo for the first time ever, of course my mama's a bit nervous for me (understandable, I am a tiny girl leaving home for the first-ish time!). But I'm pumped all the same. Been doing lots of research and watching lots of videos, I hope to connect with more people on here too! I don't know anyone who's doing this at all so this'll be interesting. Most excited to meet new people and disconnect a bit, focus on myself. Small town life gets sorta tired and hazy, hoping to escape into the woods and the warm desert air.

I am a dwarf, born & raised in small town BC with a family of 5 (parents & two younger brothers). I write, attempt to play the ukulele, and I pet my cats a lot and will miss them terribly when I go. My grandparents snowbird in Phoenix, and I dare say I don't see any point at all to waiting till I'm 60 to do the same. And during the summers I'll whisper around the northern parts of my country, hopefully avoiding outright heatstroke. The only long-term goal I have is to hopefully publish a book or two sometime.

Glad to be here <3

When I was 20 I spent a summer living in the back of a 1952 Pontiac station wagon and toured around B.C. I hope it's still a magical province and that you live your dreams. Do your research and then take the leap.

MrBob said:
 When I was 20 I spent a summer living in the back of a 1952 Pontiac station wagon and toured around B.C. I hope it's still a magical province and that you live your dreams. Do your research and then take the leap.

Oh it absolutely is!! First order of business is to explore every inch of this beautiful province.

BradKW said:
Welcome Transient!  Sounds like a great plan...and being short will certainly have some very real advantages when it comes to choosing and living out of a vehicle. While planning my build, I have definitely had the thought "I wish I was shorter instead of tall and kinda fat"...   :)

Exactly haha! Don't have to worry about being able to stand in my van no matter what height it is :p (maybe even use the extra headspace for some storage)

Hello and welcome to CRVL   :) 

I'd say that if anyone could outfit a Mini Van and travel far and wide and write a book about that......you'd be the perfect author for that book.  In the 1960's Volkswagen launched their "Bug" in America with a now famous Ad Campaign titled,  "Think Small".  And this life style is about minimalism.

I would invite you to visit my links below that will show you how to set up a Van with the basics to get started with.   The link below it is to assist those on the road with essential information for their safety, convenience, and
comfort.

eDJ_ said:
Hello and welcome to CRVL   :) 

I'd say that if anyone could outfit a Mini Van and travel far and wide and write a book about that......you'd be the perfect author for that book.  In the 1960's Volkswagen launched their "Bug" in America with a now famous Ad Campaign titled,  "Think Small".  And this life style is about minimalism.

I would invite you to visit my links below that will show you how to set up a Van with the basics to get started with.   The link below it is to assist those on the road with essential information for their safety, convenience, and
comfort.

Yes! I plan on journaling my travels for a while and then compiling my thoughts and experiences into a book, with some photos and stuff. My grandpa's trying to get his writing out there too so I can get some queues from him on what he's doing.

I'll check out your links thank you :) All references and help is real valuable!

P Transient,
After reading your introduction and subsequent replies I am taken with your uplifting approach. What a delight to hear from you. I can only hope that one day we could meet. There is no doubt in my mind that you will succeed in your writing. Best wishes and good traveling.

Welcome aboard the CRVL forums Transient.
I've lived most of my life on a set of wheels.
Hope you like it as much as I do.
See ya out there!
Happy Trails

Welcome Transient. And a big HELLO from snowy Michigan. You have joined a great source for information. Not to mention great people.

Latest posts