Hello Looking for others in 4 corners area

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catsantafe7

Reaction score
Hi I am Cat,
I have so enjoyed perusing this site for a while now, and am finally about to take a leap and live out of my Outback for a while and see how it goes. I have been rolling the equation around for a while of not being able to afford a trailer or van at this time, but needing more space to hold stuff and I solved it for the moment by putting a cargo box on the roof~YAY! I love that this still allows me to go off road...
I am looking to meet up with others who are boondogling. I am solo 55 YO woman and as i've read of so many other women especially on this forum, it's a bit scary. I am a life coach and so i work with my thoughts and fears that don't feel good, a lot! I like the idea of creating community among like-mindeds and other strong independent women. I studied outdoor leadership in college, so i'm set on the basics, and find it amazing that we now live in a time that we can can create our own electricity with solar panels from Amazon! That said the whole electricity thing puts me in glaze -over mode pretty fast, and i'm moving forward with it anyway.
I am gathering from other threads that Bob may have stepped back from the limelight of this site for a while. I have been planning on making it to the RTR 2018.  I really hope it is still happening. Is there anywhere else on the internet that I should be aware of to track that info? 
I'm hoping to be on the road by the end of August and I will be beginning from the 4 corners area. Not sure what the protocol for sharing email addresses is. Lots of questions...

Hello Cat,
Welcome aboard! Just a quick comment on the safety issues. I assume you've been reading about women's safety of the road. In all likelihood, as a female, you are safer camping away from cities, than you are in them. I do feel safer "out there", then I do here in my S&B home (but we live in a not very safe Barrio).
FWIW,
Ted (yes, I am a woman, in spite of my name)

Welcome to the CRVL forums Cat!  The RTR 2018 will be happening-  But we fulltimers have a saying - all plans are made in jello - so things could change however there will still be many members in the desert around Quartzsite this winter, probably at the site of previous RTRs. Make plans to come!

The best way to contact a member is through a Private Message. Do not post your email address online.

The four corners area will still be hot in late August so you may not get anyone willing to join you there. Check out the Gatherings forum link for other get togethers near where you'll be or post on the forum yourself and invite people to join you. 

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.

Four corners... hmm, where is that??? I'm sure there is more than one place in the US where four states meet (or is it cities, or counties?). Or am I the only person who has no clue about what/where "the four corners area" is? Even so, specificity always helps!

Hi Cat! I'm in the Phoenix area and preparing to do the same. Have to sell off the contents of the house first, hoping to hit the road by January.

@ Cat Woman: NM,CO,AZ,UT...it's the only place in the US. Used to live in Cortez,CO nearby.

CityWoman said:
Four corners... hmm, where is that???  I'm sure there is more than one place in the US where four states meet (or is it cities, or counties?).  Or am I the only person who has no clue about what/where "the four corners area" is? Even so, specificity always helps!

Hi CityWoman, thanks for asking I thought I might need to be more specific!:)
 4 Corners is where Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico all meet on the map, but I really meant anywhere within those 4 states. Yes it happens to be really hot around there in the summer, better to be in the mountains or by a river and under trees!

GypsySpirit said:
Hi Cat!   I'm in the Phoenix area and preparing to do the same.  Have to sell off the contents of the house first, hoping to hit the road by January.

Hi GypsySpirit,
Congratulations! It really does help to know we are alone in this desire to be mobil.
I have been working on it for a year or so and I still have SO MUCH STUFF! 
I hope yours goes well. I will post closer to when I cast off where I will be heading first to see who wants to join up.

catsantafe7 said:
Hi GypsySpirit,
Congratulations! It really does help to know we are alone in this desire to be mobil.
I have been working on it for a year or so and I still have SO MUCH STUFF! 
I hope yours goes well. I will post closer to when I cast off where I will be heading first to see who wants to join up.

Sounds like a plan!  I'm close to Sun City and estate sales are a way of life here.   My biggest hold up is the trailer I need.  Little baby pickup truck won't pull much weight, so it's all a matter of finding the right home on wheels for me and dork dog.  Give a shout if you're down this way!

Hi Cat, I live in the Denver metro area. I'm giving serious consideration to a trip to Santa Fe via the Four Corners area this fall. You may already be gone by then if you're going full time in August.  
Best wishes on your plan to live out of your Outback! Sounds like you got it together with the cargo box.

GypsySpirit said:
Sounds like a plan!  I'm close to Sun City and estate sales are a way of life here.   My biggest hold up is the trailer I need.  Little baby pickup truck won't pull much weight, so it's all a matter of finding the right home on wheels for me and dork dog.  Give a shout if you're down this way!

I ran into that problem with trying to pull anything with a Subaru 4 cyl. The smaller/lighter the camper, it seems the more expensive too! That said it seems people find deals all the time so good luck with your search. I will shout out when I get to AZ!

Hey Cat.

I am in the Grand Valley...(Colorado...about 75 mikes north and a bit east of four corners.)

I plan to attend the RTR for the first time this January. In fact, I plan to hang out in area from October till the ...probably down closer to the Mexico border....plans are still jello.

It's taken a long time to get this far....but...done or not, I am on the road October 1

See ya there. (Us cats/Kats have to stick together)

The Four Corners are the nether regions of those States, but I define it broader than some. There are definitely higher elevation cooler spots.

Cats do well here.

CityWoman said:
Four corners... hmm, where is that???  I'm sure there is more than one place in the US where four states meet (or is it cities, or counties?).  Or am I the only person who has no clue about what/where "the four corners area" is? Even so, specificity always helps!

It's near Cortez, Colorado.  The corner is where Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado meet.

Hi Cat, welcome! I'm a newbie too. I have been looking to meet up with others in this area. Count me in if you don't mind an "older sis". LOL. I'm ready to get out there and learn what I can, help what I can. Send me a pm and we can see where to start?

Latest posts