Hello from Tx

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RT Peggy

Reaction score
I’m Peggy and I travel with my 10 pound dog Maisy. I travel in a Chevy RoadTrek.  Before I started traveling in an RV I was a long distance motorcycle traveler. I am based out of Texas and I am part time on the road. I am retired and I go where I want as much as I want. I look 
forward to meeting  other RV travelers. Although I am very happy traveling alone, I am a very social person. I welcome friendly suggestions, tips, and advice from others.I look forward to seeing you on the road.
RT Peggy 
I’m not lost. I’m on an adventure.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Peggy!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

welcome Peggy..... 

sounds like you are living the life I want to have very soon.... be careful out there and hope to cross paths in the future

JT

I'm a native Texan. Still my domicile. (Willis, TX...hour north of Houston.). I've been a nomad work camper for 13 yrs.. I'll be in North Little Rock, AR for the prob about a year for this pipeline project I'm on. If you come this way send me a PM. I'll pay for you a few nights here a the KOA Kampgroud. You can recharge and I love meeting other travellers.  #NomadLivesMatter   David

RT Peggy said:
I travel with my 10 pound dog...

[snip]

Before I started traveling in an RV I was a long distance motorcycle traveler. I am based out of Texas and I am part time on the road. I am retired and I go where I want as much as I want. I look 
forward to meeting  other RV travelers. Although I am very happy traveling alone, I am a very social person. 

Sounds a lot like I wrote this....

:p

Anyway, welcome!

RT Peggy said:
I’m Peggy and I travel with my 10 pound dog Maisy. I travel in a Chevy RoadTrek.  Before I started traveling in an RV I was a long distance motorcycle traveler. I am based out of Texas and I am part time on the road. I am retired and I go where I want as much as I want. I look 
forward to meeting  other RV travelers. Although I am very happy traveling alone, I am a very social person. I welcome friendly suggestions, tips, and advice from others.I look forward to seeing you on the road.
RT Peggy 
I’m not lost. I’m on an adventure.
Yeah...me too...this adventure will last the rest of my days...I hope...oh I'm new in Waco now...soon on the road for Utah and return...picking up the rest of my stuff I had to leave behind..just another adventure

texas0322 said:
Howdy. Northeast Texas here. Welcome!
thanks...I'm learning the ropes around here...there was no computer the last time I did this...so that's really nice to be able to connect like that...my name is tom...AKA woodsmn...right now I'm struggling with getting my van ready...it's got mechanical issues currently...and I'm down near Waco originally from southern Idaho...until I'm ready for the road anyway...I'm livin' with my son and puting some money away and looking for alternate income methods...lots to do...so good to meet a member of the clan...see ya down the road

rvwandering said:
Welcome to the CRVL forums Peggy!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hello, Peggy!  Welcome...I'm a newbie from Texas too!

woodsmn said:
thanks...I'm learning the ropes around here...there was no computer the last time I did this...so that's really nice to be able to connect like that...my name is tom...AKA woodsmn...right now I'm struggling with getting my van ready...it's got mechanical issues currently...and I'm down near Waco originally from southern Idaho...until I'm ready for the road anyway...I'm livin' with my son and puting some money away and looking for alternate income methods...lots to do...so good to meet a member of the clan...see ya down the road

I have some friends in your area that might be able to help you with your van. You're only about 30-45 minutes from Lake Somerville. My family is in Willis, TX (1 hour north of Houston ..30 min south of Huntsville, TX). If you get in too tight a spot let me know. I'm a contractor ("work camper" ) in the oil & gas pipeline industry.

RepublicOfTXPatriot said:
I have some friends in your area that might be able to help you with your van. You're only about 30-45 minutes from Lake Somerville. My family is in Willis, TX (1 hour north of Houston ..30 min south of Huntsville, TX). If you get in too tight a spot let me know. I'm a contractor ("work camper" ) in the oil & gas pipeline industry.
I will keep that in mind...right now I have begun to doubt the findings of the TESTS that were done last...the van just runs too good and quiet now to be in THAT bad of shape...I have to go to Utah to get things I had to leave there before I came to Texas..so I'll just drive with my fingers crossed for awhile and see how it goes...if serious trouble develops then I have triple A...and a credit card to fall back on...thanks for the offer... i VERY much appreciate it...and I WILL KEEP IT IN MIND